• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

83 r100

Can't you just get a longer cable to the carbs? I had a bend at the carbs on my throttle cables for the /7 and ended up getting cables for a '86 R80RT. I've never done it, but making cables is supposed to be pretty easy...make your own to get rid of that bend at the carb.

I don't believe you've shown many details of your controls/cable setup.

Went ahead and purchased the Tommaselli Vintage Dual Pull Throttle from Revival Cycles.
Now its like butter :)
Much smoother, and especially off idle.
FYI the Mikuni kit that I had previously had a stiffer cable with a different weave. That, coupled with the 2 into 1 mechanism and various bends was not the optimal setup.
Strange that the Cables would have been stiffer, from Mikuni, for use with Mikuni carbs and cause major friction. Guess they need to work some stuff out.
Current setup:
BMW by keips66, on Flickr
Also picked up a nice billet micro pushbutton for the Motogadget, instead of the funky old school toggle switch. - a lot cleaner now.

Clean machine Gene! What brand of controls are on the left side (without me having to read back through the entire discussion to find out) :whistle

Thanks for the links! Any problem reaching for the control with your right thumb? The Tommaselli looks kind of "wide".

I think its fine. I can reach them, but they are also not used as much as the left side, (turn sig, horn, etc...)

Are your rear-facing lights integrated taillight/turn signal? Not being critical here, but you're not providing yourself with much visual identification there. Motorcycle tail lights are hard enough for people to see when they're huge.

Great shots of Pisa (I'm an old art history major (among other things)).

Yep, aware of the risks, and they are turn signal and brake. Rhizoma LED. Ordinarily, I'd think they look small too. but they are insanely bright. especially when the brake is on. The photo does not do any justice.

Back