• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Our 2025 Rally : The What, Where & Why... Lebanon Tennessee : June 19-21 2025

I wonder if the selectors decided to simplify things and only make 2 zones? That way they can just play Ping-Pong with the Rally sites using the middle of the country as the net:
Redmond-Lebanon, Redmond-Lebanon, Redmond-Lebanon.

Hmmm; I'm confused here, while Lebanon was/is a great site and area for our Rally, going by the official Rally map and rotation schedule it's not supposed to be in the running for 2025? As has been mentioned, Fargo or the Black Hills would be a great choice/destination, so why ignore a rotation schedule that the membership has voted for and supported for many years now? I'm hoping some higher-ups will chime in and give an explanation as to how and why this has occurred; I certainly don't remember the members being solicited about these random changes, and when I voted in the MOA elections I would not have voted for anyone advocating for this change in the rotation schedule! Of course since this has happened 'after the fact' I guess the point may be moot? Another sad MOA decision!

I've been to about 25-30 MOA Rallies (since 1980), and with the big beautiful country we all live in, you can't tell me that there aren't some new/different choices of Rally sites instead of this repetition (Redmond, OR included) of previous sites? It's getting kind of boring! How about something new like the Gulf Coast of Texas/Louisiana, or New Mexico etc... Or even Fargo!

It's starting to seem like the main MOA criteria for a Rally site is based on how big of a cement slab is available for some members RV's and motorhomes? While I realize that we're all getting older; this is a motorcycle club, and riding a motorcycle would seem to be the basis for a motorcycle club? Maybe I'm missing something here...

Regards; Chuck3 MOA #19958

Hmmm; I'm confused here, while Lebanon was/is a great site and area for our Rally, going by the official Rally map and rotation schedule it's not supposed to be in the running for 2025? As has been mentioned, Fargo or the Black Hills would be a great choice/destination, so why ignore a rotation schedule that the membership has voted for and supported for many years now? I'm hoping some higher-ups will chime in and give an explanation as to how and why this has occurred; I certainly don't remember the members being solicited about these random changes, and when I voted in the MOA elections I would not have voted for anyone advocating for this change in the rotation schedule! Of course since this has happened 'after the fact' I guess the point may be moot? Another sad MOA decision!

I've been to about 25-30 MOA Rallies (since 1980), and with the big beautiful country we all live in, you can't tell me that there aren't some new/different choices of Rally sites instead of this repetition (Redmond, OR included) of previous sites? It's getting kind of boring! How about something new like the Gulf Coast of Texas/Louisiana, or New Mexico etc... Or even Fargo!

It's starting to seem like the main MOA criteria for a Rally site is based on how big of a cement slab is available for some members RV's and motorhomes? While I realize that we're all getting older; this is a motorcycle club, and riding a motorcycle would seem to be the basis for a motorcycle club? Maybe I'm missing something here...

Regards; Chuck3 MOA #19958
I’m pretty sure there is a Rally Site selection committee. Perhaps give the office a call and volunteer for that committee. It will give you an idea of all the considerations and logistics that are needed to put on an event of this size.
OM

I’m pretty sure there is a Rally Site selection committee. Perhaps give the office a call and volunteer for that committee. It will give you an idea of all the considerations and logistics that are needed to put on an event of this size.
OM
Or perhaps the people who decided to vary from the published schedule could simply explain why the decision was made to return to Lebanon so soon. The decision to switch took me by surprise as well.

Apparently that "committee" had a reason for deviating from the zone schedule. Did the article in the ON mention why they deviated. And perhaps more importantly, did the committee take into consideration the members sentiments on the deviation and proceed to explain it in the article?

One would think a committee would take all potential fall out for deviating the zone schedule into consideration and at least explain their decision.

It’s real simple. If you feel strongly about the matter, contact the executive and demand that the membership be polled for their opinion.

Apparently that "committee" had a reason for deviating from the zone schedule. Did the article in the ON mention why they deviated.
It appears they couldn't find a suitable spot in any of the 16 states in the Central zone. :(

But to be clear, the member volunteers on site selection committee don't make the decision: they look at a variety of sites based on input from members for possible sites for a period of more than one year and make recommendations to the Officers and Directors who make the decisions. You can be sure that negotiations for 2026 are already in play.

I suspect there was a good, or at least a plausible reason why the Board chose to skip the Central Zone. But I think it would be a good idea if the President, or a Board member, or Ted or somebody would explain the basis for the decision. I hope it wasn't because the site in Tennessee had a bigger place to park RVs than Fargo does.

Last edited:
While I like the Lebanon site, I wonder why the committee did not select Des Moines again. We have been there before and the site seems to meet the criteria for a BMWMOA rally site. It falls in the Central Zone so Des Moines would also keep the rally rotation in place.

It appears they couldn't find a suitable spot in any of the 16 states in the Central zone. :(

But to be clear, the member volunteers on site selection committee don't make the decision: they look at a variety of sites based on input from members for possible sites for a period of more than one year and make recommendations to the Officers and Directors who make the decisions. You can be sure that negotiations for 2026 are already in play.

I suspect there was a good, or at least a plausible reason why the Board chose to skip the Central Zone. But I think it would be a good idea if the President, or a Board member, or Ted or somebody would explain the basis for the decision. I hope it wasn't because the site in Tennessee had a bigger place to park RVs than Fargo does.
The whole of the middle of the country and they couldn't find a suitable location in any of the 16 middle states? That's interesting.

While I like the Lebanon site, I wonder why the committee did not select Des Moines again. We have been there before and the site seems to meet the criteria for a BMWMOA rally site. It falls in the Central Zone so Des Moines would also keep the rally rotation in place.
One issue is that the good sites book events several years in advance. So finding a date slot that works for the venue and for the BMW MOA at the same time one or two years out can be tricky. Then there are the financials: how much? What is included? Beer garden? Seminar facilities? Camping? RV parking? And on and on!

One issue is that the good sites book events several years in advance. So finding a date slot that works for the venue and for the BMW MOA at the same time one or two years out can be tricky. Then there are the financials: how much? What is included? Beer garden? Seminar facilities? Camping? RV parking? And on and on!
Yet it's been advanced by yourself that they've secured the 2026 venue in Fargo. If the committee and BOD know years in advance what section of the country in the coming years, it makes no sense they didn't secure a place in the zone a few years ago, maybe even longer.

Forethought seems to have been in short supply with those making the decisions on venues from this cheap seat. What bothers me is neither group had the forethought when they announced next years event in the ON, to consider members may question their decision and not nip threads like this one here in the bud by explaining the 'why" behind their decision to stray from their own schedule.

I suggest they start securing venues 4-5 years or longer in advance. That way they can stay on their own schedule. I don't have a dog in this fight, but it would seem the committee and BOD could have some forethought and make the reservations as far in advance as they'd need to to keep the zones by year correct.
:cool:

Last edited:
and make the reservations as far in advance as they'd need to to keep the zones by year correct.
:cool:
And when they did that and had to change the year before quickly because something happened to that planned site there would continue to be moaning that they didn't think of that in advance. Such a no win situation I don't blame them for ignoring the discussion. Momma told me something about pleasing all the people . . .

And when they did that and had to change the year before quickly because something happened to that planned site there would continue to be moaning that they didn't think of that in advance. Such a no win situation I don't blame them for ignoring the discussion. Momma told me something about pleasing all the people . . .
That is a possibility no matter where it's held. That argument actually doesn't hold much weight. ANY site picked could have something happen where the event can't take place at that location. NO location is immune to that.

Now find anywhere an event would be held and explain how weather like tornados as in Oklahoma this week, or flooding in San Diego and/or certaain cities in Texas [ just to name a few places ] that have no hold on nature and having to cancel any event/s scheduled there that summer.

You missed my point. No matter what they do they can’t please all the people all the time.

You missed my point. No matter what they do they can’t please all the people all the time.
They'd have pleased more people if they'd stuck to their rules on the zones. I understand one can't please all the people all the time, but that has no bearing on venue change to a different zone than is expected by year.

What this has done [ now that it's officially announced in the ON ] is to have set precedence for the committee and BOD to change any years zone on a whim with no explanation from either when they announce [ like they didn't give an explanation for the 2025 venue ].

Back