• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2023 r1250rs

c10950

Hi there MOA . Some random photos of the 2023 RS that was ordered 4/2023 and delivered 7/8/2023 . Gone to work makin minor improvements like better exhaust, but not louder. 9 pounds total , and very pleasant for touring. Russel Day long build date 9/1/23 . Removed the navigation and used its plug to run the TPX radar .
Heavy into LD riding solo IBA #71825
This is my 1st BMW so for fun I ran the valves at 387 miles to get a base line , sent oil off to Black stone to begin a history for the next few oil changes .
Gave the stock battery to my brother , and installed a Shori unit so the RS is 2 pounds lighter than stock with its rear side bags .

1st valve check at 387 miles.jpgRS with Full exhaust.jpgRS full Tour.jpgAkro exhaust from side.jpg

Willkommen C10950 from the Tenn River valley!

U seem to be an engineer by nature; already “improving” BMW’s mediocre design efforts. :dunno

Surely hope that this new import into your garage will add exuberance to your critical need for speed.

Have Fun with your new BMW in 2023; maybe you’ll resurface at an MOA Getaway or the International Rally in Redmond, OR in June 2024. :thumb

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
USAF-Ret'd — & — USN-Ret’d

'75 R90S ————— '82 R100CS
’09 KLX250S ——— ’08 CRF230L
'14 K-GT ————— '16 R1200RS
’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

I also just got an RS on 30 June and want to take off the stock GPS cradle. Which panels did you need to remove to get to the plug?

I'm a little more hesitant to dive in and start tearing things apart on a brand new bike than you seem to be, so any advice would be appreciated.

the GPS plug in on throttle side just behind radiator cap . I have a service manual that show body work removal . You only need to pull right upper on fuel tank .
It has a male clip that inserts @ 6 into the right front body panel . You simple lift it out . there are 3 clips on the fuel tank center joint to make sure you align before
inserting them on reinstallation.

While the RS is quick its not fast by my definition. I grand toured on a custom one off Hayabusa I built over 5 years with 207 RWHP and 113 tq @ 498 wet weight
full of fuel . I miss it greatly . The wife , and friend talked me into adventure bike , and I was the only one who rode after the purchase on a Tiger1200XCX .
Great bike but heavy , and slow . Got spoiled to shaft drive and single sided swing arm . I did not want to build another Hayabusa grand tour rig so closest
bike to it is the RS with shaft drive , center stand , and swing arm I like .

20170717_173223.jpg20201002_095311.jpg20160705_201524.jpg

I also just got an RS on 30 June and want to take off the stock GPS cradle. Which panels did you need to remove to get to the plug?

I'm a little more hesitant to dive in and start tearing things apart on a brand new bike than you seem to be, so any advice would be appreciated.

I took mine off within a couple of days of purchase of the bike. I traced the cable down and looked where it connected to the loom. I then carefully removed the right side panels, clipped the zip ties, and unplugged the cable. While doing this I discovered that one of the winglet fasteners was missing. I also discovered that there are two different lengths of fasteners for the panels.

the GPS plug in on throttle side just behind radiator cap . I have a service manual that show body work removal . You only need to pull right upper on fuel tank .
It has a male clip that inserts @ 6 into the right front body panel . You simple lift it out . there are 3 clips on the fuel tank center joint to make sure you align before
inserting them on reinstallation.

]

Here's a picture.

GPS connector - Copy.jpg

Back