• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2016 BMW & Ural MC Technical Feature Comparison in excel

nelliott

Cowboyatheart
Hi all,

If you are interested, here is a technical data sheet comparison of F700GS, R1200GS, R1200RT and R1200R (all BMW bikes I am considering when I upgrade my 2008 RT).
Perhaps, someone may find it useful, or want to add to it.
Not sure why BMW won't just provide this type of download file for all models.

Oops, I changed the name when I added the Ural information - so here is the new link (2015 Dec 31)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cnyj84zxpe1ec6d/2016%20BMW%20%26%20Ural%20MC%20comparisons.xlsx?dl=0

Last edited:
You are welcome Texpaul.

Dbrick, thanks for the reminder, my engineering schooling and lifetime getting in the way of reality ( even for me with my emotional decisions!). Think I'ld remember!

Hi all,

I added another worksheet in the excel file for a 2016 Ural features comparison - this is a another rig I am looking at purchasing (I have to make a choice, a new BMW or add a Ural to the stable), and I need $ first - oh well, first one must dream!

The link doesn't work for me.

Oops, I changed the filename, so it did not work, sorry about that.

I edited my first post and put in the new link!

BTW, some of the columns in the Ural sheet are my preferences of course. So it is likely those feature preferential columns that compare Gear-up to Patrol, may not be relevant to you.

Neil

Back