• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2011 Rally Q&A

I can't definitively answer this, but I can tell you that a deep cycle battery with a 100w inverter will do the trick for a couple nights. You can get three or more nights if you get a 12v CPAP.

Your next problem is how to recharge that battery. When I boon-docked, I used a solar panel.

Thanks. That will also depend upon use of lights and fans and, heaven forbid, the furnace if it gets cold. A 12V CPAP would be nice, but I understand they're pretty expensive.

Sure would be nice for the rally chair or someone in charge of RV parking to reply one way or the other ... or maybe we'll skip this rally ...

Thanks. That will also depend upon use of lights and fans and, heaven forbid, the furnace if it gets cold. A 12V CPAP would be nice, but I understand they're pretty expensive.

Actually, what I had in mind is to buy a separate deep cycle battery to power your CPAP. Probably looking at about $60.

I wouldn't count on the RV deep cycle to run CPAP.

Actually, what I had in mind is to buy a separate deep cycle battery to power your CPAP. Probably looking at about $60.

I wouldn't count on the RV deep cycle to run CPAP.

I wasn't thinking along those lines. Good idea if we can find a good place to store it. Thanks again.

Sure would be nice for the rally chair or someone in charge of RV parking to reply one way or the other ... or maybe we'll skip this rally ...

Found the following from the FAQ on the rally site:

RV CAMPING FULL SERVICE & DRY CAMPING

Are there Full-Service RV Accommodations?

No, but there is virtually unlimited dry camping/boondocking.and the price is included in your registration.

http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally11/local_area/2011_bmw_moa_rally_faq

There is a section for tent camping near power for CPAP. So, if you tent, you can place it close enough to power for CPAP. If you RV, you'll have to figure something else out.

solar recharge

We will be in a small motorhome, and need power for a CPAP. Will there be power available at the Rally or should we look for a private campground?

TIA

My buddy Harry has one in his van. He puts the solar panel on the top and it fully charges his marine deep cycle trolling battery. He has never had a problem running his CPAP. He got his solar panel at Harbor Freight for $14.00.

My buddy Harry has one in his van. He puts the solar panel on the top and it fully charges his marine deep cycle trolling battery. He has never had a problem running his CPAP. He got his solar panel at Harbor Freight for $14.00.

Thank you, Jerry. I'll have to check out the solar panel idea. I thought anything big enough to do any good would cost a small fortune. Thanks again.

I know music is popular but has anyone ever considered something different, perhaps like a comedy night one of the nights of the rally? Just a thought?

I know Paul Thorn will be Friday night.

Awesome! He performed in Johnson City and Redmond. His show is not to be missed. Great story teller with a top notch band.

Does anyone know who is headlining Saturday night? If they aren't any good you could always ride over to Jim Thorpe, PA for another Paul Thorn show. But that one you will have to pay for.

Rick G

Flea market at the National

Will there be a flea market area at Bloomsburg? I have a few things I would like to sell while we are there

Bev:dunno

Last edited:
Looking for more info on the dorm rooms available at the rally? I have a special needs child and I don't think the special needs camping area will work so trying to get info on how to reserve a dorm room I read about in an earlier post???:dunno

Looking for more info on the dorm rooms available at the rally? I have a special needs child and I don't think the special needs camping area will work so trying to get info on how to reserve a dorm room I read about in an earlier post???:dunno

There was info on the Rally website, but I can't seem to find it. I suspect, however, that they're all reserved by now. You might try contacting Bloomsburg University directly since they're the ones who were renting them. Try e-mailing Conference Services at:

conferences@bloomu.edu

You might also try: 570-389-4089

Kathy Kollar Valovage
Director, Conference Services and University Testing
(570) 389-4112
kkollar@bloomu.edu

I spoke to her about a week ago and the $140 per night rooms were still available.

Early Registration

For those of us that register early and suffer from CRS did you mail tickets or something or do we just bring a copy of the email receipt?

:)

Thanks

Back