• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2011 R1200RT new battery time

srmRT

I am researching a new battery for my 2011 RT, which currently has an Oddysey PC680 in it which seems fine, although I have not run any actual voltage tests on it. The bike starts and runs as it should.

The battery was bought new in 03/2018, per receipts that came with the bike when I bought it in 08/2019. There is a number on the battery of 0769-2016, with another number of 0317 under it, and I although I think the 0769 is a model number, I wonder if the "2016" is the year of mfg.

Can anyone clarify the meaning of the 0769-2016 number, and if indeed the "2016" refers to a year date of mfg.?

Also, rumor has it that powersport/motorcycle batteries from BatteriesPlus are actually re-branded Yuasa batteries, with the same specs and qualities as original Yuasa branded units, and they are sold at a significantly lower price than Yuasa branded units. Any truth to this rumor?

Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Steve

The homemade battery spacer has worn the number off my PC680 label, nothing readable after 0769- , has 1111 underneath. My receipts show I installed it at the end of January, 2012.

I've not ridden the bike or charged the battery in the past 17 days. My meter shows 12.78 volts. Bike starts easily.

Our 2011 Camry has the original battery. The 2004 Sienna had a nine year old battery when a texting driver totalled it. My compact Kubota tractor has an eight year old battery.

Four years old or six years old, I think it's way too soon to replace a battery that is working properly.

Thanks Larry,

I appreciate the feedback. I will run some voltage tests this week and I imagine they will indicate that the battery is still in good operating condition, meaning I will keep it for now. :)

Steve

Back