• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1994 R1100RS driving/fog lights

boiserider63

I'm seeking info from anyone who has added driving or fog light to a R1100RS. Bought a new to me 1994 in June of this year and would like to add some extra lights. Let me know any ideas. Thanks

I’m sure that LED is the current fad, but twenty years ago I installed a set of PIAA1100’s on my ‘00 R1100RS. The mounts attached under the fairing and keep the lights tucked in out of the way, while projecting good forward light. I also changed out the headlight, adding a heavy duty receptacle, a relay and a 100W light. No issues with either accessory or night time lighting these days. Good luck with your RS.

36B1098D-4D0F-4D37-86E0-CA1FC4E0E39C.jpeg

Trying to find mounts for a 27 year old bike is a bit of a challenge. I'm trying to avoid putting any holes in the panel below the oil cooler. The search continues. Thanks for the input

Trying to find mounts for a 27 year old bike is a bit of a challenge. I'm trying to avoid putting any holes in the panel below the oil cooler. The search continues. Thanks for the input

My mounts used existing bolts and holes. The only hole I put in the fairing is on the inside, just above the fuel readout, for a indicator light to tell me that the driving lights were on. If you’re interested, I’ll try to take some better photos of the mounts.

I had to make my own mounts, so a question is what kind of resources do you have as far as metal forming and maybe gas welding.

Attachments

• Lite.JPG
    Lite.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 108
  • RunLite1.JPG
    RunLite1.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 106
Mine are mounted similarly with the addition of a brace going back to the mounting bolt on lower.

DC89E2F7-4567-4CFA-9184-FC3426113350.jpg
0E39454D-B001-40EB-AEE2-4D7FD085BFB1.jpeg
10DE41A9-B8B5-4CDB-B85A-510C67BA9EAA.jpg

I have installed several LED aux lights on my 94 R11RS. These are shown in the photos below. There are some options for attachment of the LED lights.

r11rs-aux01.jpgr11rs-aux03.jpgr11rs-aux02.jpgr11rs-aux04.jpg

I have a parallel question that I think might help the original poster as well.

What are some of the model codes or part numbers for the LED light units you folks have installed? I'm thinking about mounting one as a fog light to my fork (where the RS front fender mounts) or possibly to the cylinder head guard like one of you did, but trying to search for decent small LED light pods is kind of a pain.

I bought these https://www.walmart.com/ip/Amber-Mi...oad-Truck-Dual-Sport-Enduro-Fog-KTM/412015793 and mounted them down low on the fork on my R1150RT. They are very bright and shine a round beam, so I keep them aimed pretty low to avoid blinding oncoming traffic. I added them mostly for conspicuity, but they do add quite a bit of light close to the bike for night time riding.

They've seen a year and about 10,000 miles of service in all kinds of weather and are working fine. The stainless steel hardware is still nice and shiny.

20200629_135120.jpg

I’m sure that LED is the current fad, but twenty years ago I installed a set of PIAA1100’s on my ‘00 R1100RS. The mounts attached under the fairing and keep the lights tucked in out of the way, while projecting good forward light. I also changed out the headlight, adding a heavy duty receptacle, a relay and a 100W light. No issues with either accessory or night time lighting these days. Good luck with your RS.

View attachment 85364

I have the same PIAA lights on 94 1100.

Back