• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1993 windshield replacement

Need advice on a replacement windshield for 1993 R100RT. looking at Parrabellum & Arizona. Need input on these two and other

These guys will make you one.

These guys made me a replacment for my Krauser VK-1. They can make any replacement shield and for a reasonable cost.

I am not affiliated with this company in any way.. I did buy a windshield and it worked for me..

http://www.fairing-screen.com/Motorcycle_Wix.htm

I am pleased with the workmanship.

Jim Dahl
Ketchikan

I have a Parabellum on my 1980RT. Slices thru wind, longer dead zone on bike, best MPG, best passenger comfort. Highly recommend.
My 82RT has something similar to stock, will get Parabellum sooner or later.

I just swapped the fairing on my R100RT with a unit that was in better condition from an R80RT. That came with the Parabellum adapter but the windshield was ruined. I ordered a new one and installed it, a little begrudgingly because I love the classic look of the original RT shield. I guess that I can put up with it though because it actually works a lot better than stock, major difference in turbulence.
two criticisms:
my fist meets the shield at both sides when the steering is turned stop to stop.
when it rains, water exits on to my gloves and also comes in over the instrumentation.
It works nicely enough but if I had my druthers I would have a stock short windshield with a Laminar Lip, that has been my best experience and it looks the best to me.

Back