• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1985 K100RS. Metal quick fuel hose disconnects.

mcmlcccvrs

Looking for opinions on fuel line metal quick disconnects for my bike. I've never had quick disconnects on any bike so don't know what long-term durability is like. I am looking at a metal set from Euro Motoelectrics. Thank you.

I’ve used these for the last 40,000 miles on my hack, ‘85 K100RS/eml, with no issues. No leaks and they function well. I did add a ninety degree bend to one of the fuel lines to give some clearance with a radiator hose. Good luck.

From everything I’ve heard, the metal ones are great. The original factory plastic ones are a fuel leak waiting to happen. Fuel under pressure on the outside of a hot engine is not a good thing!

:dance:dance:dance

I’ve used these for the last 40,000 miles on my hack, ‘85 K100RS/eml, with no issues. No leaks and they function well. I did add a ninety degree bend to one of the fuel lines to give some clearance with a radiator hose. Good luck.

Did you add the 90 degree coupling to the fuel return line? I was wondering about that one. The supply line to the fuel rail is pretty much straight down so no worries there. I need to take another look at my bike to see whether I'll need a 90 degree elbow on that return line right underneath the tank. It might make things a little easier.

By the way, thanks for the Aeroflow screen. It sure made highway riding much more pleasurable this past summer. Far more effective than my LaminarLip.

Cheers,
Tom

When I replaced ours on the K1200RS and K1300S I purchased the metal ones from Beemer Boneyard. They give MOA members a 10% discount.
I don't know which ones you need for the K100.
https://www.beemerboneyard.com/fuliqudise.html
They sell the same CPC brand as Euro Motoelectrics.
CPC is what BMW uses.

Email them and ask about shipping to Canada. customerservice@beemerboneyard.com
Normally they're fast to reply.

Thanks, Lee. And to update, they do extend the 10% discount to Canadian members.

Tom

Last edited:
I have the metal version of these on my oil-head. The only part that might fail due to age is an o-ring that easily replaceable.

Quick Disconnect Couplers

They do come with a spare set of o-rings from Euro Motoelectrics. They do sell o-rings separately, so I might get another set just in case. I'd rather have something I don't need than to need something I don't have!

This is what I ended up with. The return line required a 90 degree connector and re-routing. It is tie-wrapped to #2 throttle body so that it doesn't foul the throttle linkage, which it will if you don't somehow secure it.

My only concern after I first installed these was the supply line coupler leaking. The only thing I could figure out was that the length of the fuel line is critical so that the coupler securely connects. I believe I increased the lower section, which attaches to the fuel rail, by about 2mm. It hasn't leaked since but has left me with an uneasy feeling. Clearly, a fuel leak with a hot engine could lead to disaster, especially if I am riding.

I also installed a rubber grommet in the hole in the lower section of the fuel tank and will tie-wrap the return line to it, just so it stays put.

QRIbJh.jpg

Consider wrapping your fuel lies where they come close to your radiator and hoses. This may avoid a future problem with vapor lock.

Back