• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1976 R75/6 under tank mounting rubber. looking for picture of how it mounts

RANDY16276

under tank mounting rubber..jpg

Hello all,

I have a 1976 R75/6 and and am doing some refresh work on it. I ordered part number (01 16 11 1 230 030 SUPPORT RUBBER) see attached photo. this shows as correct for my bike. it was not there upon disassembly. does anyone have a picture of where and how it mounts and any guidance as to what all the other holes are for is also appreciated. (are they for cable routing?

(the picture shows up very large in the post)

thank you for you assistance (and this is my first rodeo)

Randy

Randy -

Brook has a number of photos on this page that show the general position of the rubber block:

https://brook.reams.me/bmw-motorcycle-rebuilds/1975-r756-build-s-replica/

After looking through them, I think I can see that the large round hole in the middle of your picture goes around the horizontal bar of the frame...not the backbone but the one below it. The left side of your picture is below the bar and the right side would nestle up to the underside of the backbone. If I recall, the section on the left side of your picture gets a zip tie around it to ensure that it stays put.

Maybe Brook will come along with a more detailed image to help out.

This is my 1974 R60/6. The open end of the rubber support faces down. The large hole goes around the lower smaller tube. Wire harness and spark plug wires and throttle cables go through the small holes. Helps to route them and keep them in place.

Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG

Originally there was a wire tie around the two halves where they open at the bottom - I think.

Yes, that is correct. There was a zip tie at the bottom of mine until I had to go in and run a different cable through there. Didn't bother to restore the zip tie.

little red dohicky

BMW used a little red dohicky sort of like a knobby zip tie thingy to hold the ends together. I think they are NLA, anyway a zip tie will work. St.

thank you. very helpful

thank you all for your responses. the picture is a big help. I actually have one. what was confusing to me is that it is listed in the microfiche as a support rubber below the gas tank. I was expecting it to go above the main frame tube, not below it. (I am finding many things in the microfiche are different from what I actually have and sometimes confusing)

thank you again

Randy

German and English

Randy, remember, German does not always translate directly into English. We have a lot more words than the Germans do to describe things. LOL. St.

BMW used a little red dohicky sort of like a knobby zip tie thingy to hold the ends together. I think they are NLA, anyway a zip tie will work. St.

I remember it. But I couldn't think what to call it. Red dohicky is as good a description as it gets. :thumb

Back