• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1500 extra rpm!

HALMC

My new-to-me F650gs presented me with an extra 1500 rpm today.

While I was riding the Toys for Tots run -- one of many Harley-centric events in my town -- I noticed that I was turning about 6k at about 50 mph. At first I thought the clutch was slipping, but the instrument was simply reading too high.

When I got home and switched the bike off, the tach settled at about 1700 rpm (key off) then over the next minute or so, stepped its way down to 500 or so. Started the bike with the tach appearing to read normally, shut it off, and the tach returned to zero.

No other abnormalities apparent. Comments?

Back