• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1250gsa crash bar reinforcement

318iii

hi , has anyone installed crash bar reinforcement on a 1250 gsa thanks, looking at touratech or altrider

Last edited:
Crash bar reinforce

hi , has anyone installed crash bar reinforcement on a 1250 gsa thanks, looking at touratech or altrider

I used the tourathech because the alt rider uses the motor mount bolt. To take if the crash bars for service you must remove the rearcengine mount to get the reinforced crash bars off. Touratech leave the reinforce bar attached and pull off thr rubber mount, easy peezy.

For the same reason I have the TT as well. Didn’t feel like pulling the engine mount bolt from the frame with the consequences of dropping the engine slightly within the frame as well…

I run these on my 2017.5 GS. I just loosen the two lower screws on each support and then take the OEM bars off, they drop right out.

These are the same as a 1250.

Support2.JPG

I used the tourathech because the alt rider uses the motor mount bolt. To take if the crash bars for service you must remove the rearcengine mount to get the reinforced crash bars off. Touratech leave the reinforce bar attached and pull off thr rubber mount, easy peezy.

Not so for the Altrider. You just loosen the 2 screws on each bar clamp and the OEM bars are free. No engine support bolts are harmed in removing the OEM bars from the Alt Rider supports.

Last edited:
Back