• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

07 with ABS failure

rodstanhope

07 RT with ABS failure

Got the brake failure light yesterday, pulled on the lever and had no ABS. Pandora's in Chattanooga says I need module replace. I bought an extended warranty (service plan) way back when and the bike is still covered. I am currently awaiting the warranty comapany's inspector to come verify Pandora's diagnosis. I am sure hoping this warranty co. doesn't get squirrely on this!! I'll keep you posted.

BTW, warranty is with National Auto Care/Cycle Max/Contego.

Last edited:
07 ABS failure

Got the brake failure light yesterday, pulled on the lever and had no ABS. Pandora's in Chattanooga says I need module replace. I bought an extended warranty (service plan) way back when and the bike is still covered. I am currently awaiting the warranty comapany's inspector to come verify Pandora's diagnosis. I am sure hoping this warranty co. doesn't get squirrely on this!! I'll keep you posted.

BTW, warranty is with National Auto Care/Cycle Max/Contego.

These modules must be on a timer mine just went also I have an 07 with 13k miles..........good luck let me know how you make out

literally hours into the process and the warranty folks approved the repair.

Relieved and grateful!

They stepped up just as they said they would do when they were selling me the warranty. They did verify prior service intervals, etc, but that's understandable.

Bike will be on the shelf for about a week due to parts not in stock. I think I can live with that!

Sorry to hear about yours JPiccolo Hope yours comes with a happy ending too.

BTW, mine has 47k miles.

My 2005 whizzy has 67k miles and works flawlessly. I change fluid yearly. But I might be statistically lucky. I'm on the same fuel sensor strip, too. I change fluid regularly on it as well (ha ha, I go through a lot of gas!).

There is a place that rebuilds these in case someone is out of warranty. I've only seen good results.

My 2005 whizzy has 67k miles and works flawlessly. I change fluid yearly. But I might be statistically lucky. I'm on the same fuel sensor strip, too. I change fluid regularly on it as well (ha ha, I go through a lot of gas!).

There is a place that rebuilds these in case someone is out of warranty. I've only seen good results.

I change my fluid annually too. I did get another bike recently and my RT has been sitting idle for several weeks before my ride that revealed the failure. Not sure if that played a part??
I'm on orig fuel strip too.

I'm not sure. I also exercise my ABS every ride, heard that helps. But who knows why one gets a long life and another not. I'm happy that you aren't paying for it though!

I gotta try that "exercising" my ABS on every ride....sounds kinda fun.

The rear is easy. The front is more "thrilling." I do it on sand or gravel which makes it much easier. If you are straight at 25 or so, it does not make you feel like you're going to lose it.

Back