• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

'03 K12RS TPS reset - again

The last fight was with a 1990 VW Vanagon Westphalia camper. This is a ECU-controlled FI system. The TPS is little more than a Microswitch on a mounting plate, with a pivot screw and a locking screw, on one end of the throttle butterfly shaft. The setup procedure is very simple. Except that two TPS' were mechanically defective. The last, at $75, was made out of gold-plated unobtainium. Nonetheless, I was able to a) dial it in, and b) as of yesterday it was still dialed in. And all of this without having to turn on the key, step on the gas pedal three times, and turn off the key.

It'll be mid-October before I can hope to have a report (road trip with VW coming up first), but report I will.

Back