• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

cruise control

1. D

03 K1200GT (K41) cruise control pops off

Didn't see if anyone else was experiencing this, but my K41's cruise control pops off at will, any common places I can check and make sure everything is operating correctly? I thought I should just replace the module but since it seems to sometimes happen during bumps (not exclusively) I thought...
  2. J

KI1600 GTL Cruise Control Issue

I bought my K1600 GTL new in 2012 and have had intermittent failures of cruise control ever since. I use cruise control ALOT locally because of my right hand problems, and rarely have it fail, however once I'm on a longer trip, cruise control becomes flakey. I've had this evaluated at the...
  3. S

Cruise control retrofit

Hello there. Looking for some insight. I own a 2013 r1200rt without a cruise control. Is there a reasonable process to add one to the bike at this point in time? Have seen pieces for sale on vendor sites, but no instructions as to process. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
  4. 1

Cruise control

Who would like to share their experiences with cruise control on a motorcycle. I like good long rides but have run into a couple of limiting factors. I will upgrade my seat (soon), but would find a cruise control really worthwhile to give my right arm a break for those all day rides. Any...
  5. indycar

2010 Cruise Control Toubleshooting?

BMW has a procedure for the hexheads and some K bike for troubleshooting the cruise control. Sadly, that procedure doesn't seem to work for the camheads. Does anyone know of an update troubleshooting procedure? my GS 911 isn't finding any faults. Fiddling with the levers and rear brake while...
  6. G

Throttle Lock for 1998 K1200RS

Hello all. I'd like to have some kind of cruise control on my 1998 K1200RS. I see there are lots of aftermarket options. Can anyone recommend one that works well on my bike? I'd rather not spend a fortune on this. Thanks for the help!
  7. 8

Electronic Cruise Control

installed full electronic cruise control on my F800GSA about a year ago. It has been working great.... just like a car. This is the second one I've installed... put one on my 2004 R1150GSA and had great experience over 12 years of use. MC Cruise unit
  8. M

cruise control

cruse for my 2014 f800gsa. any help please!
  9. Bdiver

Cruise control handle bar control grey wire???

I am installing a Rostra universal cruise control on my R1100RT and the universal button control has a grey wire that I don't have a clue where it goes? The unit looks like this. http://i48.tinypic.com/j5xbhs.jpg You can see the grey wire quite easy in the photo. My button system did not...
  10. S

2005 R1200RT Intermittent Cruise Control Switch

First let me say thanks ahead of time for any advice/information that you can provide relating to the issue that I am having. As the title states, I own a 2005 R1200RT that is in every aspect an awesome bike. This is my second RT...my first one was a '98 R1100RT that had over 100K miles on it...
  11. J

99 K1200lt Cruise control problem resolved

My old thread was deep so I thought I would start a new thread about how I eventually solved my problem with a non-functional cruise control. After viewing the video I referred to in my previous thread on this subject I realized that a good pair of ears, capable of hearing the clicking of the...
Back