• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

power

1. P

Mounting the Valentine 1 radar detector and powering it

Hi all, I have a V1 radar detector that I want to now mount on my motorcycle, an R1250 GSA, but for any type of radar detector, has anyone got a particularly effective mount from the bars or elsewhere (the V1s have rear-facing detection too, so it needs to be more lateral on the bike to...
  2. W

Looking for help - Accessory Power 2017 R1200RT

Hello All, I recently purchased a 2017 R1200RT. This is my first CAN bus bike and I am clueless as to how I will setup accessory power for my Autocom system (I know, I'm a dinosaur that does not care for bluetooth headsets) I have the Navigator VI and plan to interface it with my Autocom SPA...
  3. T

R80RT - general running ?'s

I just traded my '74 R90/6 for a '84 R80RT (plus some cash) with only 18.5k miles on it. I had basic service from a very experienced BMW mechanic/rider (new fluids, tires, battery, splines lubed, etc). Three questions have developed that I'd like to here. Overall, the bike runs great and is a...
  4. B

Wanted: 12v source that goes off with the key

For my '09 K1300GT. I'm now using power from the GPS plug near the battery box to power a relay. With the relay I control my GPS, my radar detector and my radar detector's audio amplifier. The GPS plug connects to 1. Ground 2. About 10.5 volts. Comes on with key, goes off with key. BUT it's...
Back