• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

paint

1. S

Pinstripe dimensions for 1970 R75/5

Hi all I have checked many, many many sites and there appears to be a degree of flexibility to the correct pinstriping dimensions. What I have found is; The wide stripe ranges from 3 - 4mm, The gap from 3 - 5mm and The thin strip from 1.5 - 2mm Some even say the dimensions are different on...
  2. C

New Tires Installed - Lesson Learned!

Albeit, the hard way................. I bought some new tires for my 2012 K1300S and was going to have Bob's install them. The logistics of that proved to be a bit complicated so I called the dealer where I purchased the bike. "Sure, thing. Bring it by", they said. Dropped bike off and got it...
  3. D

Paint for R90S

Was looking to contact Ray Attwood in Bolton VT to re-paint my R90S (finally)... but seems none of the contact info I can find is any good. Is he still painting? Does anyone have good contact info? Barring that, any other recommendations for a good painter would be appreciated. Jim Bowen
  4. M

'86 R80RT paint progress

5. b25bsaboy

Powder Coat or Paint Frame Black Parts

Evening, With all of the restorations that I have done, I have always done with powder coating. The first two were disasters, as I soon discovered that electrical groundings donÔÇÖt work well with powder coating unless proper preparation is done and careful masking is a huge must. I am just...
  6. J

Painting exhaust K1100

I have a used K1100 exhaust that has some road rash at the end. I am wondering if anyone has painted their exhaust. What kind of paint did you get that managed the heat? thanks in advance
  7. A

Paint Shop Needed

Hi: I'm the proud owner of a new-to-me Black 2002 K12RS. Unfortunately, it tipped over in transit and took some damage. All fixed, except for the scuffing / scratches on the lower left fairing / body work. I'd liek to get that done when the weather turns. Can anyone recommend a good paint...
  8. B

K1100LT Paint

It is time to repaint some parts of my 1995 K1100LT. Too much touch up paint over too much time. The color code on the chasses is 704 which I believe translate to Graphite Metallic. I am advised by ColorRite.com that they do not have this color available and do know who might. Does anyone...
  9. D

Anyone Seen Custom Paint Jobs?

I'm looking for examples of custom paint jobs for my 1200RT. I know, it's shaemful to even consider violating the sacred looks...yada yada yada. I'm past all that. Anyone have any photos of graphic kits or custom paint jobs that look good on an RT? Thanks! brad
Back