• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

valve shims

1. M

Valve Shims

Is anyone here using these shims? Wiseco VSK4 Premium 8.90mm OD Valve Shim kit https://a.co/d/gP19sKD I'm preparing to check valve clearance and would prefer to not be held up waiting for shims if possible. I thought I got this kit number from somewhere on the forum, but now I can't seem to...
  2. AjaxTheDog

8.9mm valve shim kits for a '17 R1200RT

Can anyone recommend a particular kit? Most I have seen run from 1.72mm to 2.60mm in .04mm increments with 3 shims of each size, like Wiseco. OEM shims come in .02 increments. Does it matter much in practice? I have not yet done a valve check on my bike, and it seem to make sense to have a shim...
  3. 105258

Valve shims

Anyone know if the valve shims for the 1200 wethead are the same as the new 1250 ?
  4. K

Semi sphere Question

I have a 2011 R1200GS, I checked my valve clearances today.On one exhaust valve I can slip a .40mm feeler gauge in. Took the shim out and my caliper said .210 in which = 5.33mm. I am thinking I need a 5.4mm to get me back in spec. I'm I thinking right? Thanks.:scratch
  5. B

Valve shims for '05 K1200S

Are valve shims available in a kit , with multiple sizes ? or can you only purchase them one at a time ?
  6. J

Valve Adjustment Shims for GSW: where to buy?

Anyone know where I can buy these if I want to do valve checks and adjustments myself?
  7. B

Valve Shims for my 2015 RT

My buddy has a 2015 R1200RT and doing his 12000 mile check with 13,888 miles on it he found one exhaust valve at 45 and one intake at 10. So where is a good place to get shims and as long as the intake is 10 should he give it a little more clearance? Is being in the middle range the best to have...
  8. DOUGLASRLAIRD

2013 r1200gs/w surging

I have 14,000+ miles on my bike. It's had a surge problem in all gears between 30/42mph. The local shop can't figure it out and Motorrad claims they haven't heard of such a problem. I personally know of ten bikes with the same problem. Still waiting for BMW to admit there is a problem and then...
Back