• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

roadside assistance

1. P

Roadside Assistance - My Experience

Hello All, I called the MOA roadside assistance number this weekend and wanted to relay my experience/warning... I've owned my 2015 R1200 GSA since new and have been a MOA member since then. I have the platinum roadside assistance add-on, for a total of $109 annually. This weekend was the...
  2. P

"Basic 100 mile roadside assistance" really is not.

A couple of days ago my R1200RT suddenly rather severely blued the header on the starboard cylinder. I discovered this when I got off the bike at home. This could indicate a problem with fuel injector causing that cylinder to run way too lean, or maybe an exhaust baffle isn't operating...
  3. mikegalbicka

Learn from my mistake plus Platinum Roadside Assistance experience

Last Sunday the wife and I took a ride on our 07RT to get some lunch and enjoy the day. About 10 miles into it we were approached by a group of 4 bikes coming toward us in the opposite lane on a straight two lane road. I had been scanning the road ahead and waved to them and briefly looked their...
  4. 61996

Platinum Roadside Assistance & Tire Hazard

Anyone have any real world experience with the MOA Platinum Roadside Assistance & Tire Hazard membership plan? Opinions? Pro? Con? Success stories? Horror stories? Thanks in advance. Joe
  5. T

Road Service Reality

I've had the Good Sam Platinum Road Service for a while now, which I purchased because it was supposed to be a good deal, as they'd take your bike to the nearest BMW dealer, no matter how far away it was from where you were broke down. At least that was the claim. They just sent me a renewal...
  6. ricochetrider

Pilot Road Tire Vid= Summer Dreams

This reminds me of when I was riding up in Norway back in August of 2013. Some of this sure looks like the area of Trollstigen! summer magic.
  7. A

Best Roadside Assistance Coverage

I'm in the process of insuring two BMW motorcycles in WA State, after a move from WI. I noticed that the new coverage did not cover towing or any roadside assistance (yet). This prompts me to ask on the Forum for suggestions for the most effective and economical roadside assistance program...
Back