• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

hes wiring

1. E

Ut oh, 00 R1100RT w/ 80k cutting out.

While riding into town my bike started cutting out. It wasn't even warmed up yet,was not raining, and the engine would just backfire and shut off, or shut off and backfire? I'd coast to a stop and it would start right up. [thankfully]. At first I thought I accidently hit the kill switch, but...
  2. G

1999 R1100RT Rain problems.

My 1999 R1100RT died on the side of the highway after a bad rainstorm on the way home from the rally this year. Fortunately my brother was close with his truck to help. Bike would crank fine but not start. Fuel pump was coming on when I turned on the key. After we hauled it from Wisconsin to...
  3. E

2001 R1100R will not crank

2001 R1100R, 7000 miles. Cannot figure out why my bike will not crank. It turns over, fuel pump is working, but it just will not crank. I removed the tank (a 3rd time) to remove a newly installed AF-XIED and used a posi-lock connector to reconnect the O2 sensor wire. AF-XIED really works great...
  4. R

R1150R start issue

i have 75k on my bike with no issues generally. one day recently went out for a long ride. next day, no start. it turns over, catches, and stays barely running at low rpm's for a few seconds, then shuts down. then all of a sudden a few days later bike starts and runs fine, for days. ran the tank...
  5. burnbender

My bike just quit

I have a R1150R. I recently completed a full 24k suggested tune up. I pulled my bike out of the garage, washed and waxed it a took it for a ride around the block. Half way around the bike died. I quick check told me I had no spark and no fuel being supplied by the injectors. I had to push the...
  6. R

1100 RT died on road

just washed bike.. took ride.. bike died after 5 miles. like i pushed the kill switch.. after 5 min.. started bike.. got a mile down road, notice the tach jumping up and down. bike died. if its my HES sensor, can i let the bike dry and and ride to my mechanic to replace HES sensor.. or , since...
  7. G

1997 R1100RT quit in the rain

I'm expecting to find that corroded HES wiring is the issue. I've had my RT for about a month and with the rain today I thought it would be a good opportunity to see how she does in the wet. The ride was great. This is my first bike with anything more than a flyscreen and this is also the first...
  8. dieselyoda

HES wiring, new pics, new way they quit??

Lets me see here, lots of pics of bad HES at the plate, wiring from the sensor up into the engine. These pics look new? To the beginning, bike quits a week ago, in the rain. My instinct is the HES because this will be #3. I'm a old pro at guess work. So I bought one and it arrived. I looked at...
Back