• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

touring

1. bigjohnsd

Black Hills Rendezvous Touring/DUAL SPORT/ADV Bike - "Non-Rally" 20-23 June 2024

Black Hills Rendezvous Touring/DUAL SPORT/ADV Bike - "Non-Rally" 20-23 June 2024 The Black hills Rendezvous is a loosely structured gathering of riders here to ride various types of motorcycles on various kinds of roads and trails while sharing the experiences and socializing with their...
  2. JerryG

BMW MOA ON Article (p. 54): The Story of a Little Giant

Hi fellow thumpers! The title article is the origin story of my highly modified G310GS, Little Giant. I thought I'd post this to see if anyone had any comments or questions. Cheers, JerryG
  3. C

2016 R1200GSA Windshield

Looking for suggestions to replace my OEM touring shield; it's awful at any height adjustment! The head buffeting is unbearable. I ride about 30% highway to get to the 'twisties' of North GA, NC, TN and SC where I spend the other 70%. I'm 6'0", 195lbs.
  4. B

New bike: F900XR or S1000XR -- best for luggage & vibes?

I'm contemplating a new bike. I currently ride a 2011 F800R which I overall really enjoy, BUT, is severely lacking in touring capability (as per design :) ). I'd like to be able to go on some longer trips, even though the vast majority of my riding is either commuting, or day riding (i.e., not...
  5. M

[USA] SC to SoCal Solo Ride - Feb 2019

Hello everyone, I have had the good fortune of being introduced to someone terrific at MOA and recently became a member. So I decided to start the year with a bang. In a couple of weeks, I'll be taking delivery of a brand new S1000R to ride it from South Carolina to Orange County, CA. It will...
  6. S

R1200RS Wunderlich Windscreen

Has anyone tried the Wunderlich Touring Windscreen for an R1200RS?
  7. R

How does it feel, satisfying your hunger to tour

What is it about going on a long, multi-day tour that makes us want to keep going back? For me, I see daily life as doing what you need to do to survive, we work, we go about doing our chores, or running around doing what others expect of us for various reasons, and all the while, deep inside...
  8. R

Luggage advice for 2015 F800R

Has anyone successfully found a side bag set up for the 2015 F800R? I am hoping to be able to use adventure touring bags like TraX or Givi adventure bags but am having trouble finding the right mounts for my bike. If you have found the right mounts, can you let me know part numbers? Also, did...
  9. A

New Member. Traveling to France and looking for help finding a bike to tour Europe on

Hi everyone, I'm new to MOA. I live in California and ride a 1981 R65. I'm traveling to France and am hoping to figure out a way to find a BMW to tour Europe on for two weeks. (Sept 15th-29th). It's my first trip to Europe and the only plan I have is to go surfing if there is swell in...
  10. L

Skirting the US/MEX border

Just wanted to put some feelers out for any advice or stories from the border. My friend and I are making a long distance circuit of the US starting and ending in Boston and will be traveling along the TX, NM, AZ, and CA border with Mexico for a bit. The southern leg of our journey is...
  11. L

Safety bars r100 RT /7

Hey everyone, I am currently gearing up for a 2 month tour of the US and am outfitting my 1991 r100RT mono-shock to be a bit more comfy for the journey. It was originally a bermuda blue RT but the previous owner converted it to an S and removed/sold many of the parts including the engine guards...
  12. J

South Africa tour company reputation

I received an email from a Joe Visser owner of "Due South Motorcycle Tours-South Africa" (info@due-south.co.za * www.due-south.co.za). Interesting tours. Anybody heard of, or had experience, with "Due South Motorcycle Tours - South Africa"?
  13. J

South Africa Calling

Hello to the entire BMW MOA community. I have recently been accepted as a member of the MOA and proudly wear my MOA cap these days. A bit strange being from South Africa... perhaps a quick explanation! I own and run a motorcycle touring operation down here (South Africa) and had the absolute...
  14. kaldewaay

Off road fun ride PA, MD

Dirt bike ride When: Aug 2nd 2014 Start Time: 8:00 am Where: River St and East Mountain Rd Scraton, PA 18505 across from Salvation Army Parking Lot is the TrailHead Type of ride: Beginner, Rocky and single/double tracks Place to stay: Econo Lodge 570-348-1000, Comfort Suites...
  15. D

Prince Edward Island

I'll be riding from Rochester, NY to PEI with my adult son in August (and annual, father-son trip), but have never been there before. Anyone have any tips? Any info would be appreciated PS: I haven't posted on the forum in quite a while - so I apologise in advance, if I am posting this in a...
  16. Grover

I trust my 2006 R1200RT

I've owned a few bikes in my years of riding. Yamaha, Kawasaki, and BMW. For the BMWs, I've owned a 1996 R1100RT, worked as an officer on a 2004 R1150RT, and owned a 2007 R1200RT and now a 2006 R1200RT bought from a dealer here in Jacksonville 2 weeks ago. For all the complaints I tend to find...
  17. B

RTW Summer 2011... EPIC

Hello Everyone! I am a recent add-on to the community and am loving it. My goal is this. I will embark on the most epic of epic journeys. I am going to ride a motorcycle around the world, two up, starting the summer of 2011 and ending when I complete my circumnavigation of the planet...
Back