• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Happy 247th Birthday

CaptRehkopf

Happy 247th Birthday.

Robert Rehkopf USMC Sergeant; USNR Captain (O6)
USMC MOS 63XX A4's
Navy 5105 Civil Engineer Corps (RET)

Last edited:
From America’s Senior Service, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

K. L. Huddy, LTC, US Army, retired.
Rangers Lead The Way

From a retired employee of the service that chauffeured you guys around all those years, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :beer

:dance:dance:dance

Lee,
Thanks for the Birthday wishes. Did y’all move to CA?
Robert

Yeah, 70 years ago. There are several Lee’s on here. I’m the other one.

Moved here from Seattle at 2 1/2. Couldn’t stand all the rain. Now, I wish for rain.

:dance:dance:dance

Prior to my first deployment with Marine infantry (2/9) my company was inspected by a Major General from HQMC. As a corpsman (HM3 at the time) I had never been through an inspection by a Marine flag officer, so asked my Marines what sort of questions to be prepared for. Based on their advice I memorized the specs of every weapon in our arsenal: muzzle velocity, range, sustained rates of fire, etc. So I felt prepared standing in ranks, and when those two stars stopped in front of me I thought I was ready for anything. Till he asked (in a booming voice) "Doc, when is the Navy's birthday?"

I had no idea! Aside from bootcamp all my time had been with the Marines. But of course that wouldn't have been an acceptable response. Thinking fast - and motivated by desperation - I blurted out

"SIR! The only birthday that matters to me is Ten November 1775, SIR!"

I could hear the collective gasp in the ranks surrounding me. The First Sergeant looked like he was going to have a stroke. The Captain had a constipated air. But the General burst out laughing and slapped me on the shoulder so hard I nearly fell. "Dammit, Doc! You'll go far!"

I went on to serve independent duty on an attack sub, a cruiser, and a minesweeper before finally returning to the Corps as a Physician Assistant (CWO2). It felt like coming home.

Prior to my first deployment with Marine infantry (2/9) my company was inspected by a Major General from HQMC. As a corpsman (HM3 at the time) I had never been through an inspection by a Marine flag officer, so asked my Marines what sort of questions to be prepared for. Based on their advice I memorized the specs of every weapon in our arsenal: muzzle velocity, range, sustained rates of fire, etc. So I felt prepared standing in ranks, and when those two stars stopped in front of me I thought I was ready for anything. Till he asked (in a booming voice) "Doc, when is the Navy's birthday?"

I had no idea! Aside from bootcamp all my time had been with the Marines. But of course that wouldn't have been an acceptable response. Thinking fast - and motivated by desperation - I blurted out

"SIR! The only birthday that matters to me is Ten November 1775, SIR!"

I could hear the collective gasp in the ranks surrounding me. The First Sergeant looked like he was going to have a stroke. The Captain had a constipated air. But the General burst out laughing and slapped me on the shoulder so hard I nearly fell. "Dammit, Doc! You'll go far!"

I went on to serve independent duty on an attack sub, a cruiser, and a minesweeper before finally returning to the Corps as a Physician Assistant (CWO2). It felt like coming home.

At Parris Island bootcamp the DI's created the initial terror of the final inspection by making us put away a complete set of underwear to be worn at final inspection! I couldn't believe they were somehow going to strip us and inspect us down to out underwear, BUT I dutifully set mine aside and worn them only once in 18 weeks!
Ride Safe Think Fast,
Robert

Back