• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The RA rally Location 2010

I'm off to Max's season opening barbecue in Brunswick tomorrow. So this gets posted tonight. Curtis Barbecue is the destination but be sure to visit the website since it has so many wonderful pictures. Lyman Foss knows Vermont better than the Census Bureau and he highly recommends this destination as one of the best to "pig" out on barbecue in the whole state of Vermont.

59c884b8.jpg
c4752d26.gif

9372b2f5.jpg

Bring your family and friends and enjoy our park like atmosphere, or you can watch and chat with Curtis as he prepares his famous BBQ. There's also a playground around back for supervised children, and dogs on a leash are always welcome.

0629633c.gif

MENU

RIBS

Full Slab $25.95
Half Slab $13.95
Medium $10.95
Small $6.95
Pork Stuffed Potato $7.95

CHICKEN

Half Chicken $7.95
Breast and Wing $4.00
Leg and Thigh $4.00
Combo* $10.95
(1/4 chicken and small rib)
Chicken Stuffed Potato$7.95

SIDES

Baked Potato with Butter $2.95
(Each additional topping $ .50)
Sour Cream; Chives; Vermont Cheddar Cheese;
Bacon Bits; Mushrooms; BBQ Sauce
Loaded Potato (includes all) $5.95

Small: $1.95 Large: $2.95
Potato Salad
Coleslaw
Macaroni Salad
3- Bean Salad
Veggie of the Day

Baked Beans sm. $2.75 lg. $3.50
Sweet Yams sm. $2.75 lg. $3.50
Fresh Corn on the Cob $2.00
Corn Muffin $1.95
Potato Chips $1.00

Distance from Pownal: 62 Miles
Estimated Time: 1 Hour & 30 Minutes

For more information about today's destination, click here!

908 Route 103 S
(802) 875-6999

Last edited:
Thanks Paul. I saved this link for a reference this summer. Should make for a good club ride. :thumb

Let me know when your club makes the trip. Always nice to see the Ocean State BMW Riders. :dance

I would like to get loaded on one of those potatoes. ;)

Last edited:
781469cd.jpg

Dragon, what dragon?
Browse through these pages and you will soon discover an area rich in history. The Mohawk Trail is the first scenic road in New England. It officially opened on October 22, 1914. With 63 miles of unsurpassed splendor and 50,000 acres of state parks and forests, it's an excellent vacation choice for fun and adventure for all ages during any season. Spend your vacation in the Mohawk Trail region ... search for places to stay, places to eat and great shopping alternatives!

Distance from Pownal: 17 Miles
Estimated Time: 24 Minutes to Grafton - all day after that.

Mika, free mustard!

c7d8c4b2.jpg

The Cold Hollow Cider Mill is one of the top producers of Fresh Apple Cider in all of New England. We are also one of the very few that press year-round. The Mill has become one of the top tourist attractions in Vermont because our operation is open to public viewing. Come and see cider that's still made the old fashioned way, with a rack and cloth press built in the 1920's. We are open year-round, 7 days a week from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm (8:00 am to 7:00 pm during the summer months). We are closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.

After you have seen cider made, it's time to wander through the large Retail store and check out many of the specialty foods we have to offer. Bring your appetite, since you can sample plenty of jellies, mustards, applesauce, fudge, and other goodies.

In the Summer, watch real bees make honey in our honey corner (don't worry, they're behind glass). Honeybees play a big part in the apple world, as they are responsible for pollenating the orchards each spring while they are in bloom to ensure a "well set" crop.

You may be lured by an overwhelming aroma to The Donut Counter, where you can sink your teeth into our legendary cider donuts. These donuts were featured in Gourmet Magazine, as one of the top four donuts in the country. They go great with a big cup of fresh Vermont-made Coffee. We sell many fresh mouth-watering baked goods from our natural ingredient bakery right in the store, including apple pies, pumpkin rolls, maple cream cheese pockets, apple-cheddar squares, and many others.

Distance from Pownal: 144 Miles
Estimated Time: 3 Hours

Cold Hollow Cider Mill
3600 Waterbury-Stowe Road
Waterbury Center, VT 05677
Call 800-3-APPLES

Natural Bridge - Adams, Massachusetts

4f3e2916.jpg

Discover a geologic wonder at this 48 acre park. Examine the only naturally formed white marble arch and man-made white marble dam in North America, and tour an abandoned marble quarry. The "natural bridge" for which the park is named, according to geologists, is 550 million year old bedrock marble, carved into an arch by the force of glacial melt water over 13,000 years ago; one of the best places in New England to demonstrate the effects of glaciation. The bridge spans rushing Hudson Brook as it twists and tumbles through a steep 60-foot deep gorge.

Noted Romantic writer, Nathaniel Hawthorne, visited here in 1838 and recorded his experience about Hudson's Cave (or Falls) in An American Notebook "The cave makes a fresh impression on me every time I visit it ... so deep, so irregular, so gloomy, so stern." The site was an active commercial quarry from 1810 to 1947, producing coarse-grained white marble used in local buildings and cemeteries. From 1950 to 1983 it was a privately-owned and popular roadside tourist attraction off the Mohawk Trail. Natural Bridge became a state park in 1985, to preserve its unique geologic features.

In the summer months, knowledgeable park interpreters are on hand to explain the natural forces that created the bridge and its more recent human-related history. There is a 0.25 mile walkway above and through the chasm, and a 0.5 mile wooded walking trail.

Distance from Pownal: 10 Miles
Estimated Time: 20 Minutes

McCauley Road, off Rte. 8
P.O. Box 1757, North Adams 01247
(413) 663-6392
(413) 663-8469 (off-season)

bathroom facilities

Hey, just a quick question. Does the rally facility have indoor plumbing for use by those who camp?

Indoor Plumbing

Hello Bigsur52

Yes there are indoor facilities - toilets and showers.

But have also ordered a big shower truck and there will also be porta potties that get pumped out regularly.

thanks for inquiry.

Paul

Mt Greylock repaved!

After a four year effort, the State of MA has finished the repaving of the access road to the summit of Mt. Greylock in Adams, MA, a mere 20 minute ride south of the Rally site. At nearly 3500 feet, the views are spectacular and reach easily to CT, NY, MA and VT. Drive up the north side from Notch Road in Adams and descend southward to Lanesborough. Take the short hike to the observation tower, and, if the weather god smiles, be rewarded with scenery that'll bring a tear to your eyes. In all events, the ride is thrilling and what could be better than fresh tar?

so many great ways to get there...to leave there..... and to 'go to' once there. Wish I could book off a couple more weeks just to take it all in! Can't though. Got a barn to build in prep for September's Salty Fog Riders Rally :dance - Bob

so many great ways to get there...to leave there..... and to 'go to' once there. Wish I could book off a couple more weeks just to take it all in! Can't though. Got a barn to build in prep for September's Salty Fog Riders Rally :dance - Bob

Come on down sooner, :wave

Talked to the owners yesterday and they said you can come in as early as Sunday and pitch your tent. Their feeling is that the tents might attract attention and let the world know they are in business.
:dance

You will be on your own for food until the rally starts but toilet facilities should be no problem.

Talked to the owners yesterday and they said you can come in as early as Sunday and pitch your tent. Their feeling is that the tents might attract attention and let the world know they are in business.

You will be on your own for food until the rally starts but toilet facilities should be no problem.

Sounds like our kind of place.... The big Canadian flag will be hoisted! Along with our usual Nova Scotia, Acadian and Jimmy Buffett flags hanging. BTW, I was out looking at Junior Fisherman rods today. Also getting that three day pass to critter fishing. Should be lots of fun! - Bob

I'll be there as soon as I can make it then.

I understand that you are a cigar afficiado (sp) of sorts so, as early arrivers, we should maybe meet up for a gar moment eh? And, if any other's feel so enclined please join in. - Bob

I like 'gars, but I would never call myself an aficionado :)p Firefox has spell checker!).

I'd be happy to light one up with you (I won't be hard to find), as I plan on burning quite a few sticks during these events.

I like 'gars, but I would never call myself an aficionado :)p Firefox has spell checker!).

I'd be happy to light one up with you (I won't be hard to find), as I plan on burning quite a few sticks during these events.
Hey I want in on some of that stick burning!

ha.... that's comical! So maybe we see who's ashes stay put the longest eh? No that does not have a Freudian spin on it at all! See you there. - Bob

now, if I can just get a Cuban cigar across the anal border.... I might have somthin' fer ya Mr Sherpa. No promises 'cause they have my name on their radar. Mini Cold War Or What!!! Ahhhhh.... Vermont; the land of many pleasure await! See you there - Bob

Back