• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Gas mileage survey

brhartw

What kind of gas mileage do you folks get on your r1100rt?
I have a 99 and its averaging high 30s. on distance ride home I got 44 on one tank.

Comment on your mileage and if you notice anything between windshield up or down.

Thanks!:buds

Well, I don't have an RT, but my RS has an RT engine in it now.

Anyway, it has always gotten between 38-42, depending on how I am riding it and in what conditions. Only when I've been riding in the Rockies did I get significantly better gas mileage, with a personal best of 52 once, but typically in the 46-48 range. This may have to do with both the high altitude and the lack of California gas (although the typical octane is down a couple points, up there).

Bullwinkle, my R1150R is about as aerodynamic as a brick, what with Jesse bags and topcase, Motolights, driving lights and light bar, windshield spoiler, and a couple of GPS's partially hanging in the wind. It gets 42 to 45 almost all the time, 40 with a brisk headwind.

R1150R's last tank in city driving = 34 mpg

I have a Techlusion installed which may bring down the mileage somewhat. Hope to make a longer trip this summer to see how it does over longer distances at highway speeds.

I have a Techlusion installed which may bring down the mileage somewhat. Hope to make a longer trip this summer to see how it does over longer distances at highway speeds.

34??! Man, even my R90S with its pumper Dell'Ortos does better than that. (I guess the Techlusion is sort of like an accelerator pump for FI...)

94 R1100RS with Techlusion, gets between 38 and 42, mostly around 40. Stock looking muffler with my own internal baffle design inside.

My '04 R1150RT

gets mid to high 40's when the gas quality gets back to normal in the summer and i'm touring.... :groovy

I average low 30's to 35. Highest I have ever gotten is 38. Almost all mixed or city driving.

Forgot to add I have an 04 1150RT.

02 RT here with 11000 mls , never shift lower than4000 rpms and in need of service BIG TIME and yet still gets 40+

I get about 45 on highway.. city about 35 to 40 depending on how I accelerate away.. Just installed a 2 Brothers Exhaust so I am hoping to get at least the same.. 2000 RT1100 w 26K
TwowheelsOnly

I average low 30's to 35. Highest I have ever gotten is 38. Almost all mixed or city driving.

Forgot to add I have an 04 1150RT.

Wow, that isn't very good gas milage. I average 46 - 48MPG riding two-up. Even if most of a tank is short trips (doesn't happen much), I 'll get low 40's.

About 35. No difference noted between w/s up or down, much difference on cruising speed. <60 produces about 40; >80 drops it to about 30.

38 tp 40 mpg in town. 2004 R1150RT. I seem to run around the 4.3k to 4.7k rpm range in town. If I drop down to the 3.5k to 4k range it will be about the 45 mpg range on the highway.

Back