• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2011 R1200RT Spark Plugs

tsconver

Hooligan
Just picked up a bike that had set for 7 years. Runs good. But I am replacing all the fluids and was going to do the plugs too. I did not get the manual.

What I cannot confirm is does this have 2 plugs per cylinder. If so I assume the second plug is under neath and behind the plastic? Internet has been of little help.

Yes, the second spark plug is underneath the bike under the valve covers are. You have to remove the plastic housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you sir. Ordering 2 more plugs. Guess I will.learn how to remove the Tupperware. Doing the air filter too. Also have to do the ring antenna right now I have one juat hanging to start it.

There’s only four torque screws that hold each side of the Tupperware on. What’s nice about the newer bikes, they made it easier to access that lower part of the bike, the lower piece comes off. Sadly for my 13 and yours, we have to take the entire side off, fun times Lol

Checkout JVB Productions. Jim produces maintenance videos on BMW boxers and has a good one for the Camhead series. They are accurate and clear on showing how to perform basic maintenance procedures. One of his DVDs and a Haynes manual for your bike will make working on it much easier.

http://jvbproductions.com/

Ditto on the Video, it was the first thing I ordered when I got my 13. Great video....

Back