• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Air Pressure gauges

ramble

ohbeemer
I have always used the Milton brand stick type gauge on all my rolling stock, they are an old name in the business. Recently bought another one and the quality doesn't seem the same and multiple checks gave me different readings. The weight of it also is lighter, making me think they changed something. Any thoughts on the stick style gauges, different manufacturers?

I have always used the Milton brand stick type gauge on all my rolling stock, they are an old name in the business. Recently bought another one and the quality doesn't seem the same and multiple checks gave me different readings. The weight of it also is lighter, making me think they changed something. Any thoughts on the stick style gauges, different manufacturers?
I have several old stick style gauges and they vary 1 - 2 PSI. What's the old saying, "man with two clocks never knows the time?" The one gauge I use for several years and carry on the bike is a small digital one sold under the Slime brand name. It matches up within a PSI with the TPMS readings on both bikes. I have it little ditty bag that I swap between bikes.

THANKS DAVE, I like the old saying, have never heard that one, could be compared to two girlfriends or wives too! :D

Consumer Reports rated 17 gages and 4 are stick gages. The scores ranged from a top of 79 points to a low of 44 points. The top rated gages of any sort are the two Accutire digital gages that both got 79 points. These two gages have been the top rated for several years. I have two that are 7-8 years old and they always agree with each other. They do not fit well on the BMW GS/GSA spoked wheels. The top rated stick gage is made by Victor with 70 points, followed by Gorilla Automotive 66 points, Slime 64 points, and Accutire 63 points.

Back