• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Announcing BMW MOA 2021 Grand Coddiwomple!

Registered on first day and have not received any confirmation. I'm looking forward to participating and have been scouting locations. What else am I gonna do with low temps well below zero the next eight days, lol.

Codpiecewomple

Signed up and received immediate confirmation email
Signed up 8:30AM Thursday 2/4/21

Saturday 2/6/21 email from Greg went to junk folder, I assume it’s because he does the Sheep Tango

Last edited:
Registration conformation questions.

So, far we've seen no failures to register even if you didn't see the registration web page conformation or didn't receive the email - before or after we added those to the process. However, if you want to be sure (which is a good thing) just send me a PM and I will confirm we have your registration. :thumb

All good from me too Greg as long as you got my 2nd one with my mailing address as opposed to my civic address. You replied so I think we're good.

Last edited:
Thanks Greg!

Received your confirmation email yesterday. 2/6. Looking forward to this!

Mark

The link in the first post is incorrect (www.bmwmoa.com/coddiwomple)

Registration link provided is incorrect at www.bmwmoa.com/coddiwomple

It should be www.bmwmoa.org/coddiwomple

All,
Below is the announcement article for a new BMW MOA riding event called The Grand Coddiwomple, which will appear in the February issues of the Owners News. Note that although this is open only to BMW MOA members you can still register and indicate that you would like to join the MOA! Registration is actually open now at www.bmwmoa.com/coddiwomple. The Rules and Challenges are viewable there and you can download a copy.

Registered! Thanks much for putting this on.

I'm going to email it to our club members. Maybe this will motivate a couple of them who aren't members to join the MOA.

Registered! Thanks much for putting this on.

I'm going to email it to our club members. Maybe this will motivate a couple of them who aren't members to join the MOA.

So far the response has been very strong, and we've had some people join the MOA just to do this event, which is even better. Motorcycle clubs should be all about making owning and riding your bike more fun!

I'm in !!

Will there be t-shirts? Stickers? :dance

No decision on t-shirts, yet. That will depend on how many people we get, but it's possible. Everyone who registers will get a 3" logo sticker along with their numbered flag in their registration packet. Anyone who Completes will receive a suitable-for-framing Completion Certificate and a pin.

Western State Bonus?

I love this idea...

...but am I the only one to notice that the multi-state SADDLE UP AND RIDE challenge is an afternoon jaunt in the east, and a many-day excursion in the west? Shouldn't there be a bonus for those of us completing the challenge out west? :hide

Cap

I love this idea...

...but am I the only one to notice that the multi-state SADDLE UP AND RIDE challenge is an afternoon jaunt in the east, and a many-day excursion in the west? Shouldn't there be a bonus for those of us completing the challenge out west? :hide

Cap

NO.

:violin

(Joking of course ! )

I love this idea...

Cap

Good question. A lot of discussion was had about the Saddle Up And Ride Platinum (multi-state), and we realized that past the Mississippi the states are a lot bigger then several combined states near the eastern seaboard. I live in Idaho, so know this as a practical fact. But, even where there are lots of smaller states you have to hit 15 and I would wager that's more than a day ride. :) We also figured that those attracted to the Platinum Challenge would to it for the adventure of covering a lot of miles, and also would be picking up many of the other Challenges along the way. After all, you can get 600 points with only 6 of the other Challenges. The offset out west is there are many, many Native American battle sites which count as a Military Great Falls, so we think there is some balance in opportunities there.

This year will be a learning process to see what works well, what people like the best, and therefore what should be changed for next year to make the event even more fun and interesting. So, if you have any ideas, please send them to coddiwomple@bmwmoa.org. They will all be read and considered. Thanks for participating!

Back