• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Winter Storage + Fuel Stabilizer

That is of course if you happen to live in a location where ethanol free fuel is even available.

Yup. Around here, it’s a 2+ hour roundtrip drive to the nearest ethanol-free pump.

I have no choice other than ethanol blends, and use Seafoam in anything with a carb, with very good results. I did not notice where the Fortnine tests distinguished between carb-ed and fuel-injected equipment. I will continue using the Seafoam, because I’ve conducted my very own “tests” and know what happens when I don’t.

Most power equipment/home stores sell non-ethanol by the gallon. I go to a spot near a local race track and purchase VP racing fuel- non ethanol high test, at the pump. I have also purchased the VP fuel from motorcycle shops in 5 gallon pails.
OM

Most power equipment/home stores sell non-ethanol by the gallon. I go to a spot near a local race track and purchase VP racing fuel- non ethanol high test, at the pump. I have also purchased the VP fuel from motorcycle shops in 5 gallon pails.
OM

That presupposes a nearby power equipment/home store. Or a nearby race track. :scratch

And yes, I know I truly live in the sticks, or out in the desert to be more precise.

That is of course if you happen to live in a location where ethanol free fuel is even available.

We have a former Shamrock station that is painted like Sunoco now that carries non ethanol 87. Have folks discover it and call me a lot to let me know weekly:brow

I used to go to local airstrip and buy fuel for a few high compression hot rods or the marina dockside pumps as well. Not an option near Big Bend!

That presupposes a nearby power equipment/home store. Or a nearby race track. :scratch

And yes, I know I truly live in the sticks, or out in the desert to be more precise.

Our little town of 7,500 has several places you can buy non ethanol gas in a can like OM mentioned.
You don't need a large place like Home Depot or Lowes.

I even add some Marvel Mystery Oil into the gas tanks that are steel. I find it helps prevent flash rusting of the tanks interior.
OM

Canadian riders are able to buy ethanol free fuel throughout Canada by buying premium at both ESSO and She'll gas stations.

Ethanol has ruined the carb on my lawn tractor, push mower, and string trimmer. Had to rebuild or buy a new carb for every piece of equipment.

Luckily we have 2 non-ethanol stations within 5 miles from home now. It's more expensive but it's all I'll put in the lawn equipment and the boat. I don't look for non-ethanol when on a cycle trip but will fill up with only non-ethanol when I get home.

I don't look for non-ethanol when on a cycle trip but will fill up with only non-ethanol when I get home.

Same for me. On a trip I use no ethanol but don't go out of my way to find it.
When returning home the next to last tank and last tank gets ethanol free.

Having lived in Alabama and Georgia I found there were a few months in which riding was often not worth the misery of the high humidity and high heat.

is ESSO really Ethanol free i've that not all are.

I've asked more than one station owner about the amount of ethanol in their premium blend and they all have said "none". Now this in Ontario so I would assume that this to be true throughout Canada as their competition, Shell advertises their V Power as free from ethanol Nation wide.

I've asked more than one station owner about the amount of ethanol in their premium blend and they all have said "none". Now this in Ontario so I would assume that this to be true throughout Canada as their competition, Shell advertises their V Power as free from ethanol Nation wide.

Lucky Canadians! In the U.S. we are much more committed to diluted gasoline. :banghead

Back