• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The new M class

The bike is WAY beyond what I would be able to appreciate on either the road or track. If it floats your boat, good for you.

As one who drives an older BMW coupe and is looking to replace it in the next couple of years I was looking forward to the new versions of the 3 and 4 series coupes. Good lord that new grill is ugly! I guess I'll save my money and get another GTI.

Last edited:
The bike is WAY beyond what I would be able to appreciate on either the road or track. If it floats your boat, good for you.

As one who drives an older BMW couple and is looking to replace it in the next couple of years I was looking forward to the new versions of the 3 and 4 series couples. Good lord that new grill is ugly! I guess I'll save my money and get another GTI.

A most accurate assessment.

Having just last week purchased a new 201HP sport bike, I have to say this timing couldn't be worse. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to make do...

I have a 2003 Yamaha R1, it isn't stock, ported heads, exhaust, air box mods. Running stock cams because the aftermarket cams were toast, anyway, stock it runs 165 HP, maybe ten more in the condition it is in. I can't imagine the brain numbing HP some of these new bike produce, then toss in the computer stability controls. A ride on this M class would probably be a one way ride for me! If I didn't kill myself I would get locked up!:rofl

This seems to be an amazing bike but don't get carried away with thoughts of the massive horsepower. The S1000RR makes 204 hp and the M1000RR makes 212 hp, or so they say. So that is a 3% increase essentially at redline where most of us don't ride much of the time. It is the midrange torque curves and handling changes that will be the most important.

This seems to be an amazing bike but don't get carried away with thoughts of the massive horsepower. The S1000RR makes 204 hp and the M1000RR makes 212 hp, or so they say. So that is a 3% increase essentially at redline where most of us don't ride much of the time. It is the midrange torque curves and handling changes that will be the most important.

Is that more HP than a Focus? :wave
OM

Consider it is about 2 pounds per HP. Imagine having a 300 HP R1200RT!

Or a 1500 HP Mustang or Camero!

welcome to the new BMW M. M stands for Marketing, not Motorsport. they figure anything with an "M" in the name will sell...for more profit.

look at the car line. every model in the line up has an "MSport", "M" and "M competition" version. heck there are now even "M competition SPORT" versions! LOL...there is an MCS version of the X3 SUV. REALLY??? it is an SUV!!

M means nothing nowadays. well maybe More Money for BMW.

Having just last week purchased a new 201HP sport bike, I have to say this timing couldn't be worse. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to make do...

Bummer, Dude! I hope you can face the disappointment and humiliation bravely. :violin

The RR weighs 450 pounds. The M weighs 426 pounds.
The weight lose will probably be noticeable.

Competing with Ducati V4 Panigale

If Nate Kern comes to your dealer to discuss this bike, don’t miss it.

Back