• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Asking for Mirror Glass Removal Tips?

Paul_F

RK Ryder
Recently after my last trip (and only trip this summer) a few weeks ago as I was unpacking, I managed to walk against a mirror on my K100. It bounced across the garage floor, cracking the mirror in many directions, without any of the many pieces falling off the backing. Clear library tape has worked for a few weeks ensuring the many pieces stay in place.

What is the best way (without cutting myself or destroying the mirror housing) to remove the mirror's ball from the socket inside the mirror housing in order to replace the actual mirror? :scratch

If successful, I will then use the same technique to remove the glass from a salvaged mirror to replace the glass on my housing. :thumb

All suggestions would be appreciated. :bow

Thanks!

There is a similar thread at bottom of page... short answer there was to slam it hard face down...

Steve, that seems to be a rather drastic way of getting the mirror out of the mirror case. However, thank you as that method removed the broken glass and worked equally as well on the salvaged mirror to extricate that glass as well. :thumb

Back