• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Did I ruin my rims? meguiars hot wheel & tire motorcycle

Zwniana

Hi. It’s been six months since I bought my bike I decided to spot clean the bike and clean the rims. Figured I would clean them with meguiars hot wheel & tire motorcycle Realized later they are not meant for motorcycle wheels nor powder coded. Ugh! Did I just ruin my rims, tube integrity, or spokes? Are my rims painted or powder coated.

Sprayed the meguiars on, the used the brush to go our wheel and spokes, then washed rims.

Found some white spots on rims but seems to be coming off with the meguiars detailer.

Last edited:
I doubt you ruined them, as the coatings on wheels these days is pretty tough. As long as you rinsed them off pretty well it should be fine. YMMV

I am not 100% sure, but powder coating is my best guess. BMW has changed coatings on the wheels numerous times. Most cast wheels are painted and most spoked wheels are either anodized or powder coated... If the coating looks thick and has a bit of a rough texture to it it is likely powder coated as anodizing leaves a smooth finish.. YMMV

Back