• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

F700GS Emissions Sticker for California Registration

jbtex

I am helping a friend trying to locate an emissions sticker so he can register the bike in California. He purchased it out of state.

Has anyone found the location?

I don’t know what that is :scratch I wonder if it’s Kaliphornia specific? Maybe the emission statement in the manual would be enough to get by?
OM

I am helping a friend trying to locate an emissions sticker so he can register the bike in California. He purchased it out of state.

Has anyone found the location?

On my 2013 F700GS, the emissions decals are affixed to the top of the airbox, which is exposed under the forward part of the seat when the seat is removed. The seat can be easily removed by using the key in the seat lock on the left side of the bike immediately under the seating area.

Max BMW sells these stickers for about twenty bucks. I suspect any dealership can provide a required sticker.

https://parts.maxbmw.com/p/BMW__R12...Ua83uYnNjkCSCypIXBuV4gb4FDnQewcRoCJBsQAvD_BwE

I assume these are replacement stickers.

On my 2013 F700GS, the emissions decals are affixed to the top of the airbox, which is exposed under the forward part of the seat when the seat is removed. The seat can be easily removed by using the key in the seat lock on the left side of the bike immediately under the seating area.

Thanks, guys! He couldn't find anything on the airbox either and already contacted a BMW dealer in his area to get him the correct stickers.

He's also been looking for the engine number, which seems to be located in a very difficult to view spot.

Our experience in Texas so far has been a simple process when purchasing bikes from out of state and getting them inspected. They were the same as when renewing the yearly registration of bikes that were originally sold in Texas. Check VIN, all lights, the horn, and having you speed up to 20 mph and breaking between two lines. That's it. :)

I bought my 800gs from out of state and getting it registered in Ca was pretty easy. They just want to see the sticker and all BMW's for awhile now have been 50 State legal so that was easy, as already mentioned it's at the base of the 'faux' tank just under the seat. Then they want to see the VIN on the headstock and the engine number on the sump. Bring a flashlight and know where everything is ahead of time and it'll go smoothly. It doesn't matter in this case since they are all 50 state, but fwiw you can't just buy the sticker and put it on if your bike were a 49 state model, it's coded to the VIN. What they are doing is making sure it all matches.

I bought my 800gs from out of state and getting it registered in Ca was pretty easy. They just want to see the sticker and all BMW's for awhile now have been 50 State legal so that was easy, as already mentioned it's at the base of the 'faux' tank just under the seat. Then they want to see the VIN on the headstock and the engine number on the sump. Bring a flashlight and know where everything is ahead of time and it'll go smoothly. It doesn't matter in this case since they are all 50 state, but fwiw you can't just buy the sticker and put it on if your bike were a 49 state model, it's coded to the VIN. What they are doing is making sure it all matches.

Thanks, I'll pass it on. Truly appreciate it!

Back