• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sena SMH 10 head set?

Bobhudak

I'm thinking of buying a Sena SMH 10 head set to use with my Bell Mag 9 helmet. Does anyone have any experience with this unit? Will it integrate with my bike,( 2014 RT), so I can listen to music from the bike and hear directions from a Nav V GPS? Will it integrate with my phone so I can make/receive phone calls and get weather reports from the Garmin smart phone link? Any experience with this unit would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

I have been using the SMH-10R on my '15 RT just as you are asking. Music from BMW, GPS directions, and telephone connections (not calls while I'm riding, tho' it can do it). Simple to hook up and connect to the Bluetooth. Only thing -- I've never been able to set it so my wife (identical SMH-10R) can hear the music and/or GPS directions. Intercom unit works fine. I can talk to either my wife (pillion passenger) or my buddy who's on his R1200R & his 30K (via Bluetooth). I can ride all day when fully charged. Only complaint -- speakers aren't the best. I have trouble hearing it clearly above about 55 mph unless I raise the windshield higher than I like. (I do have custom earplugs that I always wear).

I may be soon be switching to a 50R, tho', because of its (supposed) better connections to other Sena h/s via Mesh rather than Bluetooth.

my brother and I have several 10's. work great for all that. sharing music seems to be an either/or deal. i can share what i am listening to fine, but it preempts the intercom. intercom won't work again until music is shut off.

Bob_h,

I am glad you brought up this question. I have the same helmet and want to get the Sena custom unit for it and was looking for information when I found this thread.

I am not trying to hijack your thread but like some additional info from the folks in the know. I now know that I can listen to GPS prompts, music and make phone calls. My questions are:

Will it play the music of my phone (Sirius or from my library)?
Will GPS prompts override the music or phone like in my truck?
Will Siri voice commands work with my iPone XR?

Thanks, Hans

Bob_h,

I am glad you brought up this question. I have the same helmet and want to get the Sena custom unit for it and was looking for information when I found this thread.

I am not trying to hijack your thread but like some additional info from the folks in the know. I now know that I can listen to GPS prompts, music and make phone calls. My questions are:

Will it play the music of my phone (Sirius or from my library)? Yes
Will GPS prompts override the music or phone like in my truck? Yes
Will Siri voice commands work with my iPone XR? I don't know I use an Android phone but Google assistant will work

Thanks, Hans

I would also comment that the 20S EVO is WAY better than the SMH10 unit in terms of fidelity, range (bike-to-bike) and battery life.

Back