• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What's the most desirable color scheme for a 1980 BMW R100T?

Thread drift warning...

CHUNK What happens when you order CA illegal paint and stuff from Amazon?
Will they not ship it to you?

Thread drift warning...

CHUNK What happens when you order CA illegal paint and stuff from Amazon?
Will they not ship it to you?
I've only ever bought my supplies from auto parts stores with a automotive paint department, or directly from a automotive paint store dealer. I would not have thought to try and see what Amazon sells. I had a friend buy me some supplies and a nice gloss black when he was in Nevada last. I think paint, reducer and thinner is going away. I had a heck of a time just finding solvent for parts cleaning, I was able to get Napa to order me 5 gallons, so good for now. 1 quart of color will usually be enough for a couple of motorcycles, and I don't paint as much as I used to and I've started to use a HVLP gun and that uses much, much less material, as opposed to my old DeVilbis gun that i use at about 60 psi at the tip. Lots of overspray but really nice for atomizing the paint for a smooth finish.

I bought a 1980 BMW R100t and its painted Green metallic flakes. It has a lot of chips and dents. I want to repaint a popular color because I want to sell it later maybe 6 months and I want to get the best dollars and most desirable color scheme. I'm thinking black with red pinstripe or white pinstripe.
My choice Red with black pinstripe.
What's the popular color scheme?
335b79794c3e2087e64cf19569a02cb9.jpg

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Tapatalk

Candy apple read with gold flacks and double gold pin stripping!

So what about a modded version to the sunburst theme? Either all black for orange and red for all the light color. So it's a black and red bike and blue and purple pinstripe.
d69639bcc65033fda4018b2193fca7a6.jpg

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Tapatalk

Back