• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Clutch oil screw up!

timmed

Ugh, I hate when I make stupid mistakes like this. Doing my first brake fluid flush on 2016RTW. I have the GS911 unit, and everything went really well with the brakes themselves. When I first started the process, I mistakenly removed the cover on the clutch fluid. I thought it was the brake fluid reservoir for the left front caliper, but when I saw that blue fluid I immediately realized my mistake.

I buttoned everything back up, but now the clutch fluid wants to seep our around the edges of the reservoir. I re-seated the gasket and evenly tightened the screws. I can't make the screws any tighter without the risk of stripping something. Has anyone else run into this problem? Wondering if I need to replace the rubber insert in the reservoir.

Thanks in advance, Tim

It could of been overfilled, I'd check the level. My 2014 was overfilled but a lot of them came that way and needed correction.

In my experience you need to make all of the parts clean and dry, then assemble without getting any fluid back into the joint. Any fluid in there will squeeze out when you tighten the cover.

Thanks for the tips gents, I will double check the level and make sure it's all dry before reassembling.

Did you add fluid? If so you need to, at the very least flush out the old. I would suck what you can out of the master cylinder with a turkey baster, add fresh mineral oil and bleed a bunch through, a few reservoirs full.

Back