• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Escaping the snowbelt in March

billyfields

Well I am going to do it and the lovely wife has given her OK! Taking three weeks off in mid March to bike somewhere south. I live in Hamilton Ontario, about 50 miles from Buffalo NY. The fat lady (98 RT/Ohlins/GPS) and I want to escape winterÔÇÖs clutches as painlessly as possible. I have two questions for anyone who has familiarity with touring in March. First, what would be the safest and least painful path out of the snow belt and second where would you go if you had 3 weeks to wander in March??

am thinkin'south

Don't bother spendin'too much time thinkin'bout it,just plug in yer'lectrics'n'head south.

Mexico is a good suggestion. If not there, wander the extreme southern U.S... Florida, Gulf Coast, South Texas and Big Bend, southern New Mex, Arizona, and California, go further north as the weather permits.

Wife and I are currently on a bike trip in New Mexico, finding a weekend to escape. Rode the Jemez Mountains today with roads at 8500ft.

Well thanks fellows for the Mexico suggestion. I traveled all the way down to Panama in 1980 on an R90/6 and before that round Mexico in 77 on the same bike. I am traveling alone this time and my memories are of bad roads, wild drivers, corrupt officials constantly looking for money and constantly worried about having the bikes stolen. We used to practically bring them into the rooms with us at night. Frankly I' love to go back but memories are a bit scary, at least the driving - but I hear its changed...

Back