• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Steering Head Bearing Plug...I think

slime

Okay, so if that is what I'm talking about, ( Big black plug between the handlebar mounts )how do I remove that plug? I tried using a knife, but it acts like it might be glued? Didn't act like it wanted to move. I purchased a round clock that I hope to make fit in that space, but not the one made specifically for that area. I need to measure the opening and it will have to come out for my plan to work..

The plug is a press fit unless someone added adhesive. May need a bit more ooomph:thumb
Have used a wider flat blade screwdriver

Have a thermometer in two Roadsters in that spot

Try working around the edges with wide putty knife (a plastic one will help prevent scratches). Or a five-in-one tool.
5-1-painter-tool.jpg

The plug is a press fit unless someone added adhesive. May need a bit more ooomph:thumb
Have used a wider flat blade screwdriver

Have a thermometer in two Roadsters in that spot

Not to steal, but slightly swerve the thread.
Where did you get the thermometers?
I have an 1150RT and would like to do the same.

Now, swerve back to the thread.:wave

Ordered one last night.
The only cheap amazon one's were in Celsius.
I have enough to think or not think of when riding without doing temp math in my head.:thumb

Celsius makes so much more sense than Fahrenheit. Why, just last week I was in some really hot weather in California. It was 39C! :)

Back