• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

03 R1150RT stalling hard start issues

sgilbert315

Issue with 03 R1150RT.. it start a bit hard when cold.. I always have to use the "choke" and start it more than once normally. It also seems to surge on me when slowing down and then today after a 17 mile run down the highway as I was coming to a light it surged, clunked and then stalled on me. Di that 3 times on me each time I slowed down. I took a short video of it as it did it started it again as soon as I parked.. it did not stall but surges and clunked again.. wish I could attach the video but I cannot see to get it to do so

well.. idle is off.. only 800-900 cold and 1000 when warm... today I watched it when I can to a stop and the rpm went below 850 and it stalled.. so, read about adjusted the rpms and just did that..

pulled the plugs on my "fully serviced" dealer purchaed and the plugs are rusty so now I am trying to figured out the best ones for the bike. Currnet ones are NGK R BKR7EKC..

now I am trying to find out how to get to the gear box.. checked the final drive and the fluid is good..

We can’t tell much about you from your profile but my suggestion is that you see if someone on the board lives nearby you. The problems you have are usually easily fixable but there is a learning curve.

In order to help through the forum, we’ll have to have more info on your bike and get an idea how deep you are comfortable digging into the mechanicals and electricals.

Thanks,, actually can dig into quite a bit mechanially.. have retored and rebuilt a couple bikes and cars in the past. Just ordered the manual, new plugs etc.. going to change the fuel filter, oil, when the plugs arrive..

Back