• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Power socket connector?

DoubleH

Hi All,

'07 RT. I would like to wire my rear power socket directly from my Eastern Beaver fuse block to avoid the CANBUS/ZFE. I figure I can either replace the whole plug with a Powerlet, or, if I can identify the proper part, procure the connector, wire it up and and just plug it in to the existing socket.

I would prefer the latter, but don't see the exact plug in either of the 'Repair Plug' pages on RealOEM.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=0388-USA---K26-BMW-R%201200%20RT%2005%20(0368,0388)&diagId=61_2484
No. 3 looks close on this page except it doesn't have the little notch/cutout on one side (see pic below)

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=0388-USA---K26-BMW-R%201200%20RT%2005%20(0368,0388)&diagId=61_2485
No. 9 looks close on this one but not quite.

Any assistance appreciated.

Pics of the connector I need:

Attachments

• acc1.jpg
    acc1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 80
  • acc3.jpg
    acc3.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 81
As a side note, and I see this all the time with references to Max BMW's fiche, how does one go about providing a link to the exact screen? Following the link above just opens the main page of the parts listings. How does one provide the link to #61-2484? I've always liked RealOEM for the reason that Max doesn't allow the direct link...maybe I'm missing something. :dunno

As a side note, and I see this all the time with references to Max BMW's fiche, how does one go about providing a link to the exact screen? Following the link above just opens the main page of the parts listings. How does one provide the link to #61-2484? I've always liked RealOEM for the reason that Max doesn't allow the direct link...maybe I'm missing something. :dunno

Every time I try a link to Max I hit a main page and then just quit because finding what was intended just becomes a crap shoot.

Yes. Look at Diagram #61_2484, item 3.

Got it! I think at first look the No. 3 plug doesn't have the same notch/cutout as on my bike, but in fact the entire bottom channel is 'cut out', so it should fit, and the shape of the plug itself will ensure proper orientation.

accplugs.jpg

And once you see the Gumby face you cannot unsee the Gumby face.

Thanks much.
Howard

Back