• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Strange "beep" every 30 seconds

sawyner

I just returned from a 2000 mile trip during which my (new to me) 2011 R1200RT performed flawlessly. After parking in my garage, I noticed a single, high-pitched beep every 30 seconds. The only thing that stopped it was disconnecting the battery--after 15 minutes the beeps stopped. A few hours after re-connecting the battery, the beeps returned. The batteries in the DWA box are good, as are the fob batteries. Does anyone know what this is & how to fix it?

I just returned from a 2000 mile trip during which my (new to me) 2011 R1200RT performed flawlessly. After parking in my garage, I noticed a single, high-pitched beep every 30 seconds. The only thing that stopped it was disconnecting the battery--after 15 minutes the beeps stopped. A few hours after re-connecting the battery, the beeps returned. The batteries in the DWA box are good, as are the fob batteries. Does anyone know what this is & how to fix it?

GPS....??? battery died 15 min after disconnecting main batt only to recharge upon re-connection....would be my guess or some other electronic add on...

in my 6 years and over 105,000miles i have never heard a beep....:scratch

If you have the alarm system and the batteries are low, you’ll get the DWA warning/battery icon on your instrument panel...

The alarm emits a high pitched beep when it auto-arms, but that should only be one beep.

What other farkles do you have installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 30-second beep--Solved

Embarrassing, yet funny.The beep was not coming from the bike. I had parked directly under my garage door opener, which has a battery back-up. When the batteries are close to failing, the system emits a beep--every 30 seconds. I have a quite a bit of hearing loss, so I couldn't determine from where the beep was coming, and foolishly blamed the bike. I didn't see the associated red LED on the battery box. After calling myself a few names, I had a good laugh. I was ready to remove all of the plastic in search of a faulty bit of aftermarket farkle. Thanks to Rangemaster and wayman.winn.

Hey...no shame, sir.

We’ve ALL had situations like that, but many folks wouldn’t fess up to it.

In my book it means you SHOULD be on this forum - you’re not afraid to ask questions and are an honest person.

Looks like you just paid a portion of your dues to be here LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back