• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tire vendors/services

MUNMI

In anticipation of our travel, which I am getting excited about, I am trying to determine where to have a front tire installed. I see in the rally's FAQ page that tire vendors are selling and mounting tires. Is the setup like taking your bike to the dealer and say 'I need this' or do I need to remove the wheel and get it to the vendor's location?

This is our first rally and some of the fine details are a mystery to me.

Thank you.

The Tire vendors (multiple brands/providers) actually set up, what appears to be the largest service install operation you may ever see outside of racing or Daytona/Sturgis events.

Although... You do have the option of "carry-in" pricing.

"travel'n" John

You should have received an email yesterday with some rally info. An appointment can be made ahead of rally to narrow down your schedule with vendors. Two of my buds set theirs up already

You should have received an email yesterday with some rally info. An appointment can be made ahead of rally to narrow down your schedule with vendors. Two of my buds set theirs up already

I did see the email yesterday but it looked only to be a Michelin dealer. I don't believe they make a tire for the K1200LT. Of course, I certainly could have missed something.

The vendor list shows Metzeler and Dunlop as well.

Maybe contact No-mar and ask:dunno

Tires

I called No-Mar. They will have tires for my wife's bike (Michelin Road 5's), I'll get them installed Thursday morn. I would get on this asap as they get busy fast. I have had two sets of tires installed at previous rally's, even one on a Triumph with no problems. Go for it.

Back