• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

THE 2021 Montana MOA Re-Schedule (previous 2020 Great Falls Thread)

It's extended now to July 21st.

This must be killing a lot of Canadian businesses who depend on tourists. A group of friends and I were planning a trip from Great Falls to Hyder, AK after the Great Falls rally and I know we would have been spending money along the way.

I didn't realize Montana had a lot of cases.

It always seems that unless it’s happening right next to them, it’s a problem “somewhere” else.
I hope people start realizing that the virus problem is still a problem.
The news reports, if accurate, don’t paint a hopeful picture.
OM

It always seems that unless it’s happening right next to them, it’s a problem “somewhere” else.
I hope people start realizing that the virus problem is still a problem.
The news reports, if accurate, don’t paint a hopeful picture.
OM

I looked it up and don't see large number of cases in the Glacier area.
I'm well aware of what's going on in other states.
Pretty sure most members here realize the virus is a serious problem.

We changed our vacation to Great Smokey Mountains and stopped by Cherokee today. Quite a few businesses had signs out that they were not opening for the season....signs did mentions few members getting sick and one dying. I'm guessing Cherokee has more traffic over all.

I looked it up and don't see large number of cases in the Glacier area.
I'm well aware of what's going on in other states.
Pretty sure most members here realize the virus is a serious problem.

Niece is in Kalispell and they had a spike and a community spread notice I believe Friday.

All the east side entries to Glacier NP will be closed for the 2020 season.

https://hungryhorsenews.com/news/2020/jun/25/sun-road-wont-open-to-logan-pass-by-july-4-10/

Montana virus cases have surged in the past few weeks with the total number doubling. Total is now 863 cases with 237 active. We were below 20 active cases in early June. The number of hospitalizations and deaths have not seen a similar surge; 22 total deaths and 11 people currently in hospital. All 22 deaths were people with an underlying medical issue and the the surge now seems to be among younger people, hence the low hospitialization rate. 7.7% of the state's population has been tested which is more than double what it was when the surge started.

Yellowstone is very busy, I am told. We just spent the weekend riding in Beartooth Pass and Big Horn Mountains area. Red Lodge looked like any other summer weekend and a large number of motorcycles were out and about.

Montana virus cases have surged in the past few weeks with the total number doubling. Total is now 863 cases with 237 active. We were below 20 active cases in early June. .

Good to hear Montana shows active cases. Iowa does the same and this gives you a better idea of the current situation.
I have been trying to find a Colorado site that shows the current active cases, not just the total.
Anyone have a good Colorado site showing this info? Also a Nebraska site.
We may go in July and have been planning a route through counties with low numbers.

Good to hear Montana shows active cases. Iowa does the same and this gives you a better idea of the current situation.
I have been trying to find a Colorado site that shows the current active cases, not just the total.
Anyone have a good Colorado site showing this info? Also a Nebraska site.
We may go in July and have been planning a route through counties with low numbers.

Every state:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Decided to get tested today.
Sure is nice to live in a small town.
Registered on the state website, called the hospital for a appointment time and went out a couple hours later.
Two mile drive to the hospital and only spent about five minutes inside.
Free test.
Is the test free in every state?

Decided to get tested today.
Sure is nice to live in a small town.
Registered on the state website, called the hospital for a appointment time and went out a couple hours later.
Two mile drive to the hospital and only spent about five minutes inside.
Free test.
Is the test free in every state?

They claim free at drive in sites. A few reports of folks being told to go to a hospital and then receiving a very high invoice soon after.

They claim free at drive in sites. A few reports of folks being told to go to a hospital and then receiving a very high invoice soon after.

I think early on if you went to your Dr or hospital you were billed. Don't know for sure.
Now there's quite a few Test Iowa sites spread around the state so you don't have to drive far.

...this has me wondering.

All the east side entries to Glacier NP will be closed for the 2020 season.

https://hungryhorsenews.com/news/2020/jun/25/sun-road-wont-open-to-logan-pass-by-july-4-10/

Yellowstone is very busy, I am told. We just spent the weekend riding in Beartooth Pass and Big Horn Mountains area. Red Lodge looked like any other summer weekend and a large number of motorcycles were out and about.

Having heard of other's cycle travel throughout that "Region" during the Rally timeframe; how did it work out?

Anyone stop in Great Falls and say "hi"?

Mid-week vs weekend, camp sites vs other lodging, restaurant's, closures, ect.

Knowing that some folks modified their planned trip just for the riding itself. Expecting it wasn't a large number though.

Having heard of other's cycle travel throughout that "Region" during the Rally timeframe; how did it work out?

Anyone stop in Great Falls and say "hi"?

Mid-week vs weekend, camp sites vs other lodging, restaurant's, closures, ect.

Knowing that some folks modified their planned trip just for the riding itself. Expecting it wasn't a large number though.

I was not there at that time, but I followed the weather during rally week, and it was very cold, and there was some rain. Not inviting to camp at all. Some years are like that, so better luck next year!

Back