• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Cardo customer support

tleonard

I have been trying to contact Cardo customer service for over 2 weeks. They do not answer there phone nor return my phone call when I choose that option.

Even Jennifer at the dealer service option does not answer her phone and her voice mail box is full.

Are they still in business or is something up with the company? Is there a number (different than the 800 number) that a customer can use to speak with someone at Cardo?

I think I want to be a new customer, but being able to reach customer service and tech support is a critical first step.

Thanks.

Tried an email. That too, is not readably available.

Thank you for contacting Cardo support.

We have opened a case for your issue, the case number is: C-00155395.

Due to significant volumes of calls and e-mails, it is currently taking longer than the published 2 working days to respond to e-mails sent to the Support Center.

We will respond to all e-mails as soon as possible. We are hoping normal service levels will resume shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
Cardo support

Howze about throwing it out there to the group what you need? It will help to figure out if this is associated with "Wetheads" or one of the Mods should move your thread to the "Gear" section :dunno
In any case, there are some threads at the bottom of the page that may help.
OM

Only way I got them to respond was through their FB page. Then a tech emailed me several times with suggested fixes for updating their firmware [ which is near impossible presently and very convoluted at best ], still no resolution after a month.

ADVrider forum has many threads of dissatisfaction on their new Bold units and firmware bugs. Don't hold your breath getting through to them, their replies are cookie cutter and repeat over and over. One day they may actually let the updates be done through their cardo connect app like Sena.

Forget about them and use a Sena.

I had a friend with Cardo and it was junk.

Buy a Sena 20 and have years of trouble free service, with customer support!

I currently use the BMW SRC-Pro made by Cardo.
It has been trouble free and integrated flawlessly.

Joe

Forget about them and use a Sena.

I had a friend with Cardo and it was junk.

Buy a Sena 20 and have years of trouble free service, with customer support!

My 20S has been flawless, but there's been problems reported with the 30K's. The 20S is no long available, now it's a 20s evo or some such and there's been a few reports of their having some issues as well.

My two Cardo bolds run about 9-10 hours of music, less if using comms while my 20s will last 11 easily with music and comms. Not much difference there really. The jbl speakers in the cardos's are superior to the Sena's for clarity and volume. Voice recognition commands on Cardo's can sometimes be an issue with some, but I've not experienced that yet.

I suppose every makers units can have various issues, seems the older systems are more bullet proof based on reviews by owners

Wow! Sorry for those of you having issues! I and my riding buddies all have the Packtalk Bold. Updates are no problem when connected to my laptop. Works flawlessly every time. Hope Cardo doesn’t go under!

Only way I got them to respond was through their FB page. Then a tech emailed me several times with suggested fixes for updating their firmware [ which is near impossible presently and very convoluted at best ], still no resolution after a month.

ADVrider forum has many threads of dissatisfaction on their new Bold units and firmware bugs. Don't hold your breath getting through to them, their replies are cookie cutter and repeat over and over. One day they may actually let the updates be done through their cardo connect app like Sena.

I've been able to update the firmware in my Schuberth M1 comm system (made by Cardo) on the cardo community web site (https://community.cardosystems.com/).

I was looking at Cardo due to favorable reviews and shoot-outs, waterproof rating, and the offered MOA discount.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AMoXbXHALc

I am looking primarily for a rider passenger intercom, and phone, nav, and maybe radar connection. I don't ride with a group so wasn't that interested in the mesh feature so was considering the Freecom 4+. Although I would get the Packtalk Bold or Slim (or 30k) if there were superior bluetooth or other features missing from the 4+.

My questions to Cardo would be about this as well as my not understanding; if the intercom is on, can we get directions from the nav or a phone call, maybe music sharing. How are the connectivity steps prioritized with the intercom being primary and always on.

But as I mentioned in opening this thread - not being able to talk to anyone at the company is a major drawback to purchasing any product.

I was looking at Cardo due to favorable reviews and shoot-outs, waterproof rating, and the offered MOA discount.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AMoXbXHALc

I am looking primarily for a rider passenger intercom, and phone, nav, and maybe radar connection. I don't ride with a group so wasn't that interested in the mesh feature so was considering the Freecom 4+. Although I would get the Packtalk Bold or Slim (or 30k) if there were superior bluetooth or other features missing from the 4+.

My questions to Cardo would be about this as well as my not understanding; if the intercom is on, can we get directions from the nav or a phone call, maybe music sharing. How are the connectivity steps prioritized with the intercom being primary and always on.

But as I mentioned in opening this thread - not being able to talk to anyone at the company is a major drawback to purchasing any product.

With my cardo smartpack and all previous cardos I've had, the priority is Cell, GPS, intercom or music and then FM radio.
I've looked at the user guide for the packtalk bold and it is still done this way.

I've gone to Sena recently as I wasn't satisfied with with the reliability of my last Cardos. That and almost all of my friends have gone to Senas.
BTW The interupt priority on my 30 K is the same as the Cardos.

... BTW The interupt priority on my 30 K is the same as the Cardos.
Pat, if that is the case it is a departure from the 3 other Sena Comm systems I have.

My 20S EVO, SPH10, and SMH10 all have the GPS as 1st priority. With the 20S EVO, like the 30S, you can get more than one source at the same time but GPS audio places everything else into a lower volume so you don't miss a GPS instruction.

tleonard, while I like and use Fortnine and enjoy Ryan's videos, some of them don't come very close to having much to do with reality. His waterproofing test for the comm units is a prime example of that. There are many components on our motorcycles, cars, etc., that would fail his test but have stood up to years of real-world usage and water-exposure without any failures.

I have been using several Sena units (currently have 3) for a long time. One unit I have had in service for around 10 years and it still works fine. It has been through some torrential rain storms that had many cars pulled off the road and never missed a beat, even when using open comms during an entire day of riding in the rain.

Ryan's tests often involve non-scientific methods that have very little to do with actual real-world applications. That is part of their charm, but also part of the problem with them. If an item passes or fails a test that has no real-world application it is not only unhelpful but could lead one to avoid a product that actually works great in real-world applications such as the Sena units in the rain. Now if you are planning to place the unit in a container of water then definitely get the Cardo and never try that with your headlight, horn, switchgear, etc. If not, then either unit will likely work great in real-world situations regarding water.

There have been issues with both company's units over the years (to be expected when you consider what they are doing) but they were always worked through. Both make good to great products and I would suggest that your primary decision should be looking at what system the majority of your riding friends are using. Unfortunately, each brand communicates far easier and better with units from the same manufacturer than with the competition.

I started with a Cardo G9 back fsix or seven years ago. It worked, but my friends all had Sena so i went to Sena 20S in 2014.

First Sena failed in a rainstorm, Sena Replaced it, Second 20S lasted for three years plus - I just sold it to a friend.

In my experience the Sena 20S worked OK for Phone. GPS, Music and pairing with one other rider as long as that rider also was on a 20S. Pairing with any earlier Sena or any other brand always introduced pops, crackles, static and frequent dropped links which generally required an Off/On reboot to restore.

In 2018 I switched to the Packtalk Bold. Works great for Phone, GPS, Music and using their MESH works fantastic for a group of riders all on the same units in Mesh.

The ability to integrate another brand into the mesh works but i've found the range of that Bluetooth connection to be quite short - on the order of 50 yards.

My first Packtalk Bold failed during a Firmware update, i think it was my fault as I was using a Windows 7 computer which froze in the middle of the update.

Cardo Customer service overnited me a replacement at their expense. They have alsways answered my questions and assisted me whenever i needed assistance. I'm happy with the Packtalk Bold and won't switch back.

Back