• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sirius Tips ?

ramble

ohbeemer
Considering the Sirius subscription for my 15 RT. I am satisfied with Spotify on the smartphone but need earbuds and hardwire so the onboard radio with Sirius may be ok for me. Any pros or cons, and is there subscription short or long term?

I have a subscription to Pandora, and was given a subscription to Spotify. I didn't listen to Sirius when it was free in my car and when it's in my rental cars I still don't listen to it.

Reasons are:
No skips
Lots of repeats
Gobs of commercials, even though you're paying a subscription
Music choices are limited

Is there no way to pump your smartphone through the radio?? Bluetooth FM transmitters are less than $20..
Just a thought..

Thanks for the info. May just stick/ Spotify. I did buy the expensive BMW media cable for iPhone but cannot get it to connect, Iwill have to find someone a rally who has this setup who can help. I ventured into the summer heat las Aug and was in your neck of the woods. North from Rochelle thru Monroe bypassing Madison and 2 lanes to Baraboo. Great country to ramble and sightsee. I love the river so going back this year as I missed the river road and Baumgartners. The whole corner of your state in the drift less looks great, love the mom/pop motels. Slip

I was retracing my routes and learned about Baums. after home. sounds great., I've ridden the river Rd. to Galena so want to do more of it to the north. Pluged in the Canbus charger as its snow again here. A great day for mapping and planning rides.

I was retracing my routes and learned about Baums. after home. sounds great., I've ridden the river Rd. to Galena so want to do more of it to the north. Pluged in the Canbus charger as its snow again here. A great day for mapping and planning rides.

:thumb

There's some great riding along the river on the GRR. It's an extremely motorcycle laden road all summer.. My wife and I have considered buying something on or near the river as a rental cottage for the frequent fishing/hunting/motorcycle folks that frequent the area. During the summer, motels on the river are typically booked and it'd take minimal advertising, and just treating people right with a clean place to stay and explore the area. I've been doing that since I was a kid, as I was born in Monroe and had friends who brought me over to SW Wisconsin as a youngster. Always amazed by the sheer bluffs and beauty, and once I was old enough to explore on my own, I made a lot of day trips on motorcycle. I'm still finding new spots and roads in the area..

Luckily the local BMW (and Moto Guzzi) clubs have taken advantage of it and there's several great rallies in the area, so others can enjoy and wander, too.

I crave the opportunity to get on a bike right now. Unfortunately, what's not covered in snow, is covered in salt or salt brine. Aluminum motorcycle engines don't like salt and I don't pull them out until after a good spring rain. I know I have over a month to go before getting any of the bikes out.

Loops?? That depends on how much you like curves as compared to sweepers and scenery. The ride along the river from the Quad Cities, through Dubuque, La Crosse, and north, crossing back at Winona, MN and riding the other side back down is always a nice ride.. Little bit of traffic around LaCrosse, Dubuque, and occasionally through Galena, but the rest is a great ride and there's a lot of really cool places to stop. The food along the river is plentiful and very good and there's a lot of nice mom and pop motels.

Just down the road from me is https://www.grandview-motel.com/. They have regular rooms, and also a couple cabins and a house or two they rent out to larger groups.
The owners are very nice folks. We actually stayed at the Bayview house last fall before buying our "cabin" just a few miles down river from there. We're 1/4 mile off the river, but 500' above and we look down a valley at the Lock and Dam #9 by Lynxville. Hoping to make it a full time residence and sell or rent out our current place, 3 hours from there. :dance

Other than that, the area is littered with "letter roads" and one can spend a long time exploring them. My only complaint about the area is that there's a ton of dead end roads and they're not marked. You just jump on one and go along until you find yourself pulling into a driveway because the road just ended. :banghead The road we're on is the same, and ends 1/4 mile down the road from us. At least it has a turn around spot.

thanks for the loops , will look at those on the map. I encountered many of those dead end roads in south central Indiana last year, I think most of them went thru but there was bridge replacement without notice or detours that went forever because the roads are grids around huge acreage. Hope ya get sun soon
we need rain also because the roads are white w/ brine, so until also the bike is in the barn on charge! P

Back