• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2003 R1150RT brake flush question

rogerc60

I performed a flush of the rear control circuit on my bike yesterday but I'm not confident about it. To do the bleed I'm using some clear tubing on the bleeder valve and using the push the pedal, crack the bleeder, close the bleeder, release the pedal approach. I ran well over half a quart of brake fluid through the metering cylinder bleeder and was still getting bubbles. Mostly tiny, but some fairly large. When it finally started running nearly free of bubbles I moved on to the other two bleeders. Not a single bubble from either of those. Then back to the metering cylinder, and still getting a few bubbles. :scratch

Is this typical? How much brake fluid should I have to run through this bleeder to completely get rid of the air?

Possibly a leak around the bleeder threads.

Thanks. That's kinda what I was thinking when I decided to move on to the other bleeders. The brake pedal feels good and firm. There was a good bit of brake fluid seeping around the bleeder threads.

Back