• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

F700GS How many teeth?

sirmanley

Thinking about changing my front sprocket out on the old F700GS. Anyone out there changed tooth count? When I dropped a tooth on the front sprocket of my G650GS it made it a whole new bike. Much easier to get the front wheel off the ground and reach top speed. The 700 doesn't have the speed problem but good luck getting the front wheel off the ground. It really is a solid bike off road otherwise.

Thinking about changing my front sprocket out on the old F700GS. Anyone out there changed tooth count? When I dropped a tooth on the front sprocket of my G650GS it made it a whole new bike. Much easier to get the front wheel off the ground and reach top speed. The 700 doesn't have the speed problem but good luck getting the front wheel off the ground. It really is a solid bike off road otherwise.

Ryan,

PM me with what you think might be a good front sprocket for my G310GS. I don't need more top end but do want a bit more oomph against a head wind trying to run 70.

F700GS front sprocket

If you reduce by 1 tooth to 16 you will be running exactly what the F800GS does stock. More applicable for off road or forest service roads..less friendly on the highway at 70 mphs

Back