• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

F800 gt&r?

EUGENE

So what is the outcome of these two models from the factory? Twelve years these two models have been around and not much change. I know the R started a few years later. Other brands have models in this size [700 to 900] the last few years, mainly Honda and Yamaha. So when is BMW going to improve these two road models? I am not talking about the adventure series line here. :wave Thank You, Eugene Also yes, I do own a '07 ST.

Hi Eugene. I once lived in Gig Harbor for a few years and would likely still live there if quality of life and beautiful riding conditions (scenery and weather) were the only factors in life. Job (US Army) and family in Oklahoma pulled me and my family back toward the center of the country. No real regrets but I do still dream about winning the lottery and buying Fox Island.

Have you ventured over to F800 Riders forum. That website and forum is exclusively aimed at the F-twin bikes, and has a great amount of useful info for the owners and riders. I enjoy both this forum and F800 Riders because this forum speaks to my love of bike travel, but the members here are not particularly interested in my bike--some say we are even ignored here--while the F800 Riders site is almost completely about the bike itself, most posters don't seem to do much more riding than a daily commute. Anyway, I enjoy both but for different reasons.

In answer to your specific questions, BMW has a new F750 and F850 series of GS bikes, both with upgraded engines and perhaps a new color to two. Since I am not interested in them I have not paid much attention to them, either here on the forum or in my dealer's showroom. I have heard no chatter about any models of the F-twin platform other than the adventure models. The current GT might likely be the end of the run for that platform. The sales and money seem to be in bigger and faster and more off-road. Ah well …

Good luck and hope you enjoy your F800 as much as I do mine.

Yes I have looked at the F800 Rider site since I got me ST. My hope the GT/R don't die out like the K75.

Yes I have looked at the F800 Rider site since I got me ST. My hope the GT/R don't die out like the K75.

Well … the K75 did not really die out, it just got bigger and faster. And bigger yet and faster yet. And now the K1600GT is selling well, so there will likely be a K1600GS next, then perhaps a K1800GS and on and on. Me, I am going the opposite direction: smaller and smaller. If my next bike is a BMW, it will likely be the G310R--except I really do not like chain drive.

Good luck.

Well … the K75 did not really die out, it just got bigger and faster. And bigger yet and faster yet. And now the K1600GT is selling well, so there will likely be a K1600GS next, then perhaps a K1800GS and on and on. Me, I am going the opposite direction: smaller and smaller. If my next bike is a BMW, it will likely be the G310R--except I really do not like chain drive.

Good luck.
There is a solution to the chain drive conundrum: the Scottoiler automatic chain lubrication system. I swore I’d never own another chain drive motorcycle, but found one that was so good I had to to relent. With the Scottoiler, there is no need to manually lube OR clean the chain. It stays lightly lubed all the time, and is basically self-cleaning. And chain drive is light, simple, efficient and reliable. It’s a true game changer. BMW has enough faith in the system that they’ve entered into a joint venture with Scottoiler to sell the system as BMW branded equipment.

Back