• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The Bicycling thread

I would do the same. I would not enjoy riding next to 75 to 80 mph traffic that first 5 miles.

It’s been 85 lately! For whatever reason folks are in a hurry and it’s hard to get out of way. Trying to take a right in a four wheeler with now a narrow lane and more guardrails has me holding my breath.
I rode it once into town and back and we both went north ONCE. Came home, looked at each other and said NOPE!

20 miles today. Sunny with temps in the upper 40s and winds 20 to 30 mph.
Had a Bald Eagle do a low pass over me just when I stopped to look at the Geese.

Dec 22, 2020 (2).jpg

Dec 22, 2020 (1).jpg

Here's what Dec 12th looked like.
20201212_080632.jpg

20201212_080430.jpg

20 miles today. Sunny with temps in the upper 40s and winds 20 to 30 mph.

Here's what Dec 12th looked like.

Lucky you! Nice to get in a good workout just before Christmas, too.

We got 10 inches last night. I had difficulty getting through it with my snowblower.

We have gotten a few rides in the past week after my kidney stone adventure. I went two days after surgery and realized halfway maybe not ready. Still sore! H insisted the doctor didn’t say to not go:nono

Temps above normal but windy.

View attachment 81537

View attachment 81538

EE0B19C8-A486-40B1-9303-E53854EBB72C.jpeg

Attachments

• 64226B0A-F6E2-45AD-A3AE-F7211ED4CDDD.jpeg
    64226B0A-F6E2-45AD-A3AE-F7211ED4CDDD.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 28FAF920-3C13-4218-AD8B-C7E12E6A8A59.jpeg
    28FAF920-3C13-4218-AD8B-C7E12E6A8A59.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 97
Happy Holidays biker-cyclists!

We have been quietly doing our thing. Today we passed 10000km for the year. We’ve been relegated to the trainers since thanksgiving, unfortunately. I cut back riding in October to concentrate on refurbing my 91 K75s. Not sure why, it was just what I wanted to do at the time.

I really hope that next year brings more motorcycling. I think I rode 1400 miles this year.

Well, keep riding. And more pictures from you warm climate folks, please.

That’s serious miles, especially if a lot on trainers! I get bored not moving, though the old school rollers I used to use didn’t let you get too bored :laugh
We have a set of Spin Bikes that we use if really in need of some pedal time and outdoors just isn’t pleasant, which is not often... sorry to my northern compadres.:wave

We’re riding a bit less than pre- Fall, but still a few times a week with shorter distances as the longer ones killed a day easily and left no time for other stuff.
I bought myself a new set of Time pedals and said bye to the Speedplays. I ran Time pedals on older bikes and will try again. The Speedplays, even with new cleats and spring clip twice this year,I kept disengaging on power moves... not something you need to worry about or happen when it’s time to accelerate hard. The company has been assimilated by someone else and seems to be a question of survival on some forums. Too bad if so, cause they are some simplistic workhorse pedals for some.

H got a new set of running lights, going from 100 to 200 lumen. She prefers small profiles so Bontrager Ions fit that bill. Her prior set just didn’t stand out in daylight at distance... these made me see spots when close.
1563AC2F-E26C-4035-9DBA-22CB7AB32B76.png

I still use these from Amazon around $15 and don’t care they are larger, they do the job. Not as bright as her new set, but still a bright set for low cost... let me get the pedals!

C97A513D-D34B-46AD-8F99-3C32181A3F0E.jpeg

Here’s to more riding if anything in 2021!!

Oh... forgot this pic of Mr Terminator on a Fattie

57273EED-01BD-4BA6-BB6D-07964C804B53.jpeg

Is anyone using these kind of lights on their motorcycles? Seems like it would be easier than hard wiring lights I only need once in awhile. And can use on the Cannondale.

Is anyone using these kind of lights on their motorcycles? Seems like it would be easier than hard wiring lights I only need once in awhile. And can use on the Cannondale.

I used to carry a taillight I could clip on the back of my jacket if I rode at night, but I never ride at night and stopped carrying it :)
The headlights are not good enough for night use with motorcycle speeds but may work for day use.

Here's my 350 lumen light set on medium power.
Mackinac Island Trip 2019 (54).JPG

Back