• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1994 K75 Low Seat

Generally, the factory low seat is a lift off seat that comes down on both sides of the frame so that the battery cover panels are not able to be used. It also uses the tank pad which makes the seat itself shorter.

The standard seat is a hinged seat and only comes down to the frame rails so the battery covers can be used. The seat's nose extends all the way to the tank with no tank pad.

The pans are entirely different. The latching mechanisms are different. With all the orrect parts, you can convert either direction. Usually, the most economical way is to trade all the pieces with someone who wants to go the other way.

:dance:dance:dance

I got a 'low seat' from a eBay seller. Part # 52 53 2 308 113. Doesn't fit the frame or the latch. Back to square A.

I got a 'low seat' from a eBay seller. Part # 52 53 2 308 113. Doesn't fit the frame or the latch. Back to square A.

See post #2. I said "the hardware is totally different." I meant the hardware is totally different. If you removed the tall seat hardware and installed the clips on the tank, the tank surround, and the latching hardware for the low seat it would fit perfectly. If not - it won't even come close.

I will have to get a stock seat that fits. Then my seat pro will rebuild it to work for me. He can also adjust the coverage, height, width and shape. The Corbin I have is excellent in build, BUT it weighs 14 lbs. and it's wide for me. The wide width essentially makes it taller. I don't need taller but shorter. As far as the easy approach of getting a 'low seat', the dimensions are different. I don't want to add the big rubber cover on the tank and sides. Looking to trade or sell it. I put an advert in the Marketplace here. The low seat is 22" front to back. The Corbin which fits, is 27" front to back.

Back