• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Adironack Weekend 10/5 - 10/7

ejm4

Headed to the ADKs the weekend of the 10/5. Will be staying in the Lyons Falls area at night. Plan to hit Lake Placid, Saranac and Old Forge on Saturday.

If anyone is in the area or plans to be in the area... Let me know.

That's a pretty area. We were back in 2015 for a reunion.
If you pass through Cranberry Lake the Stone Manor is a good place to eat.

If you have heated jacket liners, take them.

Lake Placid can be a slow go getting through downtown on a weekend.

P1020589 - Copy.JPG

P1020590 - Copy.JPG

P1020592 - Copy.JPG

We will be passing thru Cranberry Lake.

We spend a lot of time in the area during the winter riding snowmobiles, but have not visited the area too much when it's not covered with several feet up snow.

Morning temps look to be a little chilly. :)

View attachment 70664

View attachment 70665

View attachment 70666

If you look, there's a back way around Lake Placid downtown. The nearby town of Saranac Lake is a fine place to visit also. The ride from there down to Long Lake is very nice too.

If you look, there's a back way around Lake Placid downtown. The nearby town of Saranac Lake is a fine place to visit also. The ride from there down to Long Lake is very nice too.

lol - our planned route must have been leaked. :lol

I like the ride near Long Lake.

You have poor planning skills.
That's the only weekend I have plans for.
What are your return routes and days?
Maybe we could arrange a meet up.

We will be headed home on Sunday. The route home is still undetermined. Not sure if we will two lane it pound the slab back to Pa as the one guy lives in MD and has another 2.5 hr ride South after me.

You have poor planning skills.
That's the only weekend I have plans for.
What are your return routes and days?
Maybe we could arrange a meet up.

We had an enjoyable trip. Some morning rain on Saturday and Sunday. Temps were warm for most of the trip. Daytime highs were in the low 60s.

The blue float plane mentioned above was parked at the dock when we rode past.

For some reason, I can only upload one image...?

IMG_20181006_144150_809.jpg

One trip we were able to watch them ski jump.
Until then I didn't know they could jump without snow.

Hope you can post more pictures.
Try to reduce the file size and see if that helps.

We had an enjoyable trip. Some morning rain on Saturday and Sunday. Temps were warm for most of the trip. Daytime highs were in the low 60s.

The blue float plane mentioned above was parked at the dock when we rode past.

I always like it up there, and the folks are very friendly.

I have seen that plane flying, and others too. Some friends and I paddled the 90-mile race (http://www.saranaclake.com/events/canoe-classic-90-miler-page) route and learned to stay away from the center of Long Lake.

Here's a video of summer ski jumping at Lake Placid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6YMqG3jRQI

FWIW, one of the housing units constructed for the 1980 Lake Placid Olympics was turned into the Federal Prison at Ray Brook after the games. I've spent a little time there...

Back